Thread tape for Intake Plenum Vacuum Fittings?

pablon2

Do people generally use something like PTFE tape when screwing the brass vacuum fittings into the MP intake plenum. I am about to "assemble" this polished beauty and it crossed my mind that I may want to do that. Is it necessary? Will it leak betwen the threads if I don't?

Pink

pablon2 said:
Do people generally use something like PTFE tape when screwing the brass vacuum fittings into the MP intake plenum. I am about to "assemble" this polished beauty and it crossed my mind that I may want to do that. Is it necessary? Will it leak betwen the threads if I don't?
I use PINK teflon tape. It's MUCH thicker than the white stuff. Easier to use too, cuz it doesn't attract itself to anything that comes near it.

Yes, I used it on my MP Inlet plenum. I also switched to 2 straight hose barb connections (I bought my MP inlet plenum used). The straight hose barbs are avail from Lowes, Menards, & Home Depot.

68COUGAR

I used the teflon tape on mine when I put it together just to make sure it didnt leak at all. It wont hurt anything.

I use Teflon tape on my fittings.

And use anti-seize on any steel bolt that screws into aluminum threads.

Randy

Last edited:
Back