Picture of "My other Car"

Well not exactly my other car until I scratch the winnning numbers on a lottery ticket. If I had a ton of cash, this is what I would be driving. :D What are some of your dreams? :confused:

quick35th said:
Mmmm... 1969 Boss 429. Very nice car. I want one too, but very rare and very pricey.

Shane
And it has a hemi too!.........but I thought Slodge was the only ones........nevermind. :rolleyes: I don't want to pick a fight with Manny again.

Anyway, I would be driving a 1970 Mach 1, if I had the cash to buy one. :D

This is my dream car (see attached)......preferably with a superturbo charged 351 stroker under the hood, MAYBE paint the ground effects to match, put a double stack aluminum wing on it, convert to all wheel drive with limited slip differentials, paint it puke green, and last but not least, put an underbody neon kit on it :rolleyes: .

Kidding aside, my dream car has always been and will always be a Corvette, call me crazy or plain, but i've wanted one since i was 10 years old (that was only 10 years ago). I'll take it in Z06 trim :D

Attachments

• cav.bmp
    199.4 KB · Views: 134
1984 1/2 GT350, T-tops, 302 5spd. I hope to get one by next winter.
1991-93 SC 5spd

Both i want to build up for road racing but more for show then anything.

I fell in love with this car as soon as I saw it:

EDIT: For those that don't know what it is, it's a V12 Aston Martin Vanquish. This is the one that they used in one of the James Bond movies, although the movie car only (I just said only, didn't I??) had a V10 in it, because of all the gadgets under the hood.

Attachments

• am-bond08.jpg
    am-bond08.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
As for classic cars, the Boss 429 or a Mach 1. IMO, 1969 was THE year for Mustangs.

Overall, Aston Martin Vanquish.

Hmm, I'd have a hard time bringing myself to driving one of those. As much as I believe cars are meant to be driven, I'd be struggling with that beauty.

Maybe a 428CJ or something like that for a regular driven older dream car.

Currently my realistic dream toy is a 99-00 Lightning. If I can find one in another year or two they may be cheap enough to pick up, last I saw there was some going for $25k-28k cdn.

But if not I'll be looking at a 2 year lease return 05 Stang.

Darkside said:
And it has a hemi too!.........but I thought Slodge was the only ones........nevermind. :rolleyes: I don't want to pick a fight with Manny again.

not a hemi a cresentshaped combustion chamber and slightly offset.

also called a blue cresent engine massive flowing heads, mild cam under carbed bad mix of parts but after they are sorted out its a real scorcher.

even the fabled dodge hemi was not a true hemi it was tilted inward for exh clearance, the first hemis were true hemis . and the first american v8s to break 300 hp

My dream car is very similar to Franks but I like the Cougar flavor. I'd take it with the 427 though. It would have to be stroked to 468ci but I think it would be a mean street machine. I recall an article in a magazine about one 68 XR7 that was ordered with the same 480HP engine as the Shelby's came with. Apparently a few of the first XR7's came with those instead of the 428CJ that the later ones got.

I got my first scarey ride of my life in a black 69 XR7 with a race built 351C, 3500 stall converter etc. I was 16 at the time and my dad and I were out shopping for a muscle car for me. The guy took us for a ride and that was the end of that! I was thrilled to death but my dad was like "over my dead body". Oh well. I ended up with a 1970 Torino Cobra 429CJ. My dad figured since it was bigger I'd be safer in that. LOL

Other than my SC...
1987 Buick Grand National GNX
1992 GMC Typhoon
03/04 Cobra
03 Lightning

buick-grandnational-gnx-1987a.jpg

car_craft_10-91_4.jpg

cobra1.jpg

Ford%20F-150%20SVT%20Lightning%20-%201.jpg

Darkside said:

I have a 1970 coupe with a high compression 302, its a fun car.

Attachments

• my 70.JPG
    my 70.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 84
Ben04 hit the nail on the head.

Now if we are saying older muscle cars like 25+ years old then I would take a black 1969 Dodge Charger R/T w/ a 426 and 4-speed pistol grip shifter.

And as a second choice I'd take a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 w/ 4 on the floor.

Frank that mustang is nice, I love those as well but how many are left and how much do you gotta drop to own one? There are many more Chevelle SS 454's around, and even the hemi chargers are drawing a premium.

I also like these trucks as well same drivetrain as the Typhoon:

Attachments

• phat syclone.jpg
    phat syclone.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
It would be hard to choose only two, but if money is no concern...

Daily Driver

2cx08418_a.jpg

Fun Car

1970 LS6 Chevelle
august2002.jpg

Iam building my dream car one part at a time. I got the color I like in the size car, rear wheel drive, great interior and lots of power. And its loud. All I can ask for is more power and I am working on that a little at a time. When I get into the 11 second bracket, and I will .I will have the baddest big red Ford around here. Thats suits me just fine. :D

J.D. said:
This will be mine some day:

It is amazing how that car was over $280,000 new (yes the Lagonda) and now it's resale value is less than $50,000. I always thought they were awsome looking cars, but just not for the masses.

Back