Brake light comes on during acceleration?

ThunderMoon

I just got a 92 5-Speed on Friday. I grinds a little going into 3rd, both 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 3rd. What do you think the problem is? Other question: When I accelerate relatively fast the brake light comes on for a few seconds. The brakes work great. It doesn't do it if I start in 2nd. Why is the brake light coming on? Also, what could cause the odometer to not work? Everything else works on gauge cluster. Neither the odometer nor the trip odometer work.

Thanks,
Damien

More than likely your brake fluid is just a tad low. Mine comes on when it's just a little bit low and I accelerate hard, or turn too hard while accelerating.
Don't overfill past the "Charged Accumulator" line when the accumulator is full (After the ABS Pump pumps it up) or it may squirt all over.

I'd post on just that topic, as I could only guess the blockers are bad...I'm no tranny expert..

first bleed clutch,worn/ bad clutch, if still nothing, trans, probably blocker rings are bad

If you're familiar how the clutch is supposed to feel stock you should be able to tell if it needs bleeding or anything by how high it engages etc

AsScLoWn said:
trans, probably blocker rings are bad

If that is the problem, how expensive is that? Would it be cheaper to swap in another M5R2 from an 89 SC? I don't want to spend more than I have to since once I get this and the odometer fixed, I'm going to buy a 10% blower pulley and get my computer flashed. :D

Damien

remove trans, 100$ in parts, 250ish labour to rebuild plus removal, more than half the price is to remove the thing from the car to do it. If you know the car you're getting it from is good then sure, if not remove teh top cover and see how close the blocker rings get to the gears when you push them over, if they touch, it grinds, if the worst one is half as close as the best one its ok

Back