Get to rebuild!!!

SCFan84

I was talkin' to a buddy of mine who is going to school for Auto tech. Anyway he was saying that the second semester of the first year you get to tear down and rebuild a motor. Now since he is a year ahead of me he is gonna give me some insight to how the classes are. I was wondering, should i take out my SC motor and build it or buy one that's already out and build it. It would be cheaper to do it with mine because i don't have to buy another motor i guess. Also what do you guys think i should put into it while it's out? I am gonna be paying for school on my own so i won't have alot of money to put into it. I'll replace all gaskets and most sensors i think right off the bat. While the motor's out change motor mounts. Maybe get ported and polished heads for it and maybe a cam. Any other suggestions. Because i may just start to load up on the stuff i need before school starts. :D which is in August. I'm kinda lookin' forward to it. I guess we get rebuild kits for the motors at a HUGE discount so this would be the time to do it.

Check with the boneyards for a blown SC engine. I usually get blown ones for $75.00 plus there already out and they set them in my truck. Now that does'nt include the blower. But if you can atleast get a block,crank and set of heads thats not a bad deal. You should be able to get the basic building blocks of a motor fairly resonably priced.

Back