spark plugs

Some people would argue, but I just put in some Autolite double platinum plugs at the advice of many on this site. The plugs came pre gapped, so that shouldn't be a problem. I was told that certain plugs will cause problems down the road. I about threw my shoulder out trying to free the old plugs, so I gave the new ones a small shot of anti-sieze. Have fun changing the plugs, it was an experience!

radiorick said:
Going to change plugs in my SC this weekend. What are the best to use and the gap. Thanks Rick

Rick,

Asking for everyones opionion on which brand is best is not a good idea, because nobody really knows. All they know is what brand they have used and if they worked. I've never heard anyone complain about a plug except for Bosch.

BTW, If your wires are original they are likely to be damaged just by changing the plugs, so you may want to include some new wires in your plans.

IMO, stock plugs and stock gap is fine. I don't like stock wires because they are too fragile. Taylor makes a good direct replacment set for around $40 from Summitt that have a spiral wrapped core.

David

Back