Does anyone make an electric water pump for our cars?

unclenick

Thinking of trying to reduce drag on balancer/crank. Does anyone make an electric water pump for our cars? If so please post link, this is one alley I would like to try. And then I'll figure out a belt routing.

No one makes a bolt in electric pump for our cars. If you are familiar with any of the bolt in kits for any other cars you know they aren't cheap either. What we did on one for Gary Kuhn's race car was get a high volume universal pump from Meziere and had Randy Baker make a block off plate where the stock pump went. He is currently selling this setup if you are interested. As far as I know it is the only one in existence and he is now selling it for a fraction of what it cost to make.

XR7 Dave said:
No one makes a bolt in electric pump for our cars. If you are familiar with any of the bolt in kits for any other cars you know they aren't cheap either. What we did on one for Gary Kuhn's race car was get a high volume universal pump from Meziere and had Randy Baker make a block off plate where the stock pump went. He is currently selling this setup if you are interested. As far as I know it is the only one in existence and he is now selling it for a fraction of what it cost to make.

I had a Meziere on my 99 LS1 TransAm, just wondering if it is worth the trouble on our cars? Just how much HP can one car out of the loss of drag? BTW, PM me with a price, I might be interested if it is worth the HP!

Yeah i know Dave thats y i bought it off of Gary and i took his fmic off of his hands. Can't wait to install the water pump, here when it gets warm and i get a battery relocation kit.

Mark

Last edited:
Back