PDA

View Full Version : Ny is chapter Dead?

mattyblazer
01-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Any interest in starting it up again?

FoMoCoTom
01-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Any interest in starting it up again?

yea, I havent replaced my SC yet, but I like hanging with SC guys. I think what happened was a lot of the core people who did most of the organizing don't have their cars any more. I go to school in Great Neck, right on the nassau/queens border. Where are you at?

-Tom

mattyblazer
01-19-2005, 11:04 AM
yea, I havent replaced my SC yet, but I like hanging with SC guys. I think what happened was a lot of the core people who did most of the organizing don't have their cars any more. I go to school in Great Neck, right on the nassau/queens border. Where are you at?

-Tom

Hi Tom,

I work in the City, and live in Seaford down by Jones Beach.

Thanks,
-Matt

trife86
01-22-2005, 05:28 PM
id liek to see things start happening

NY90RedSC
01-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Is there any interest in the Upstate Region around Albany? I'm also currently in the market for a SC and hope to have one in the coming weeks...

FoMoCoTom
01-24-2005, 08:25 AM
i guess there are now 4 of us...hopefully more people will see the post soon. Seeing how we got a truck load of snow dumped on us, there probabaly isnt a big rush to have our cars out in the snow.

trife86
01-26-2005, 02:25 AM
well i think whatever the small amount of ppl that get active on this section of the forums it will attract some more attention maybe get some more locals on here?

fasttbird12
01-26-2005, 11:07 AM
i live in ny but too far away located all the way out east on long island

FoMoCoTom
01-26-2005, 12:23 PM
i live in ny but too far away located all the way out east on long island

What part of the east end of LI? My parents have a place on the south fork....sag harbor. I've only seen one sc out there when i worked summers out there..a guy had an 89? white with red cloth 5speed

fasttbird12
01-26-2005, 04:23 PM
eastport, town before westhampton. yeah not to many out here i konw of two other people who have one once in a while you see one

XxSlowpokexX
01-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I;m too old to start much of anything up hahaha

KwikGSeX
01-30-2005, 01:44 PM
I was the only one oraganizing meets and track days for SCers in NYC.. Once I sold my SC no one else wanted to step up to the plate.. Hence the death of the NYC chapter.. Guys it only take a couple of people to get a meet going.. It can expand from there.. Hell I STILL get emails from people asking me to join up the NYC chapter even tho i sold my SC 4 years ago.. Every SCer i know (including me) has either sold their car, took the plates off and drive something else or fallen off the face of the earth.. A couple of us DSM guys are former SCers at heart so if you want to organize a meet ill see what i can do to get some people to come down.. Oh and Damon you in on this too :D

PS - Summertime its pretty fun to hang out on DPA and watch all the idiots get busted for racing.. Just some food for thought..

Ira R.
01-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, I'm here also, southeast Nassau County. Unfortunately, I work lots of hours and don't generally have any time for any meets. But I would certainly be interested in the local conversations!

I thought I remember someone saying there was a fairly active Cougar-Thunderbird group in the area. Has anyone tried reaching out to them??

Ira

Pablo94SC
01-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm in the process of trying to move to the NYC area (yeah, Jersey is a suburb), so I'll be up for meets once I'm there.

KwikGSeX
01-31-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm in the process of trying to move to the NYC area (yeah, Jersey is a suburb), so I'll be up for meets once I'm there.

You better or ill have to come over and slap you silly :D

Ira there is no way you can make it to a 7-8pm meet on a Sat? I would assume thats when it should be organized (springtime) as to get maximum interest.. The NYCCDSM club has a weekly meet at Tower records in Massapequa at 8pm every Sat's and its quite popular..

Ira R.
01-31-2005, 05:54 PM
You better or ill have to come over and slap you silly :D

Ira there is no way you can make it to a 7-8pm meet on a Sat? I would assume thats when it should be organized (springtime) as to get maximum interest.. The NYCCDSM club has a weekly meet at Tower records in Massapequa at 8pm every Sat's and its quite popular..

I work Saturday nights. I could do 7-8pm on a Sunday though :D
If I know you guys are going to be there on a Saturday, I might be able to sneak out occassionally since it's pretty close.

Pablo94SC
01-31-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm not that kind of guy. Please save all the slapping for Russ. :D

mattyblazer
02-01-2005, 10:21 AM
East Port is not that far out, I still see cars parked at Merrick, Bellmore, Seaford, and Massapequa train stations... I have also seen people at the Tower Records lot on Sunrise highway (Route 27)

Perhaps there are not enough people with S/C's to make an exclusive meet happen, mabey we can piggyback onto someone elses meet.

If nothing else it might be worth while to put up a web page and helpout one and other.

nice to see some people respond to this topic, perhaps we can get the ball rolling.

KwikGSeX
02-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Arrange a date and time and ill see about getting a general car meet going if you guys want.. Lots of us out on the island (and i live in Queens go figure)

mattyblazer
02-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Arrange a date and time and ill see about getting a general car meet going if you guys want.. Lots of us out on the island (and i live in Queens go figure)

What day of the week does the nathans crowd meet? I'm sure that they use one of the train stations and still do it (Merrick / Bellmore)

We could use one of the "car nights" and meet in our own section, and with enough interest we can eventually have our own meet.

how does that sound?

fasttbird12
02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
lets do something soon ill take a ride out west

mattyblazer
02-06-2005, 09:20 PM
lets do something soon ill take a ride out west

Maybe its a good time to put up a new web page, we can use it to keep in touch and help each other with parts and services?

XxSlowpokexX
02-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm down//I think

bupsc
02-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I was told there is a car club in queens I believe it's the Flushing College Point border on College Point blvd. They are open for any type of American cars. Most members have older project cars, but I was told by a friend there was a sc there. I believe it's on a Friday evening spring thru the fall.
once again, this is what I hear. But as far as reviving this chapter I would help out. It seems like most of us are somewhat close. We should give it a try.

CougarBaby
02-09-2005, 12:54 AM
If any of you long islanders are interested in a upcomming meeting with TCCoSNY "ThunderBird Cougar Club of Southern New York" We're having our first 2005 meet in march. http://www.cougarnuts.com/board/showthread.php?p=109015

there's the link, com'on down and don't be shy :) speak with, mike, gerard or johnny, The presidents of the club.

hope to see you soon

lDll@ll\ll@
Diana

SCotto
02-09-2005, 01:57 AM
What day of the week does the nathans crowd meet? I'm sure that they use one of the train stations and still do it (Merrick / Bellmore)

We could use one of the "car nights" and meet in our own section, and with enough interest we can eventually have our own meet.

how does that sound?

Nathan's car meet is on Wed. when the weather is not too cold.
I live a few blocks from there in Oceanside
I'd go to a meet and I'd even bring my SC if I could stop breaking it.lol.

SCchick89
02-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey guys, i can organize a meeting in suffolk, around the west islip/deer park/bay shore area. there are a few SCs around here that i can try to get together as well. I have been thinking of starting up a suffolk/nassau SC club for a few months, i have ideas for club meetings/shirts/hats, things like that. i also have a great mechanic that will hook you guys up with some good deals if you go through me. i think we can make it a great thing so lets try to get together sometime soon and see what we can come up with. i know of a few areas here that are free to hang out and park in during the days on saturdays, or sundays.... sundays are good for me, as are most nights after 6. so lets post some ideas here and get as many SCers together.

fasttbird12
02-15-2005, 11:28 PM
lets do it soon im game

Ira R.
02-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey guys, i can organize a meeting in suffolk, around the west islip/deer park/bay shore area. there are a few SCs around here that i can try to get together as well. I have been thinking of starting up a suffolk/nassau SC club for a few months, i have ideas for club meetings/shirts/hats, things like that. i also have a great mechanic that will hook you guys up with some good deals if you go through me. i think we can make it a great thing so lets try to get together sometime soon and see what we can come up with. i know of a few areas here that are free to hang out and park in during the days on saturdays, or sundays.... sundays are good for me, as are most nights after 6. so lets post some ideas here and get as many SCers together.

That is one great looking Bird you have there!! Unfortunately I am available only on Sunday after 5:00pm, but I think it would be great if people could get together as the weather gets nice.

In addition, if you have a mechanic who knows these engines, that would be wonderful!! I have a wish list of stuff I just cannot get done myself anymore and have been looking for someone willing to dive into my engine compartment who knew what they were looking at!!!

Ira

SCchick89
02-16-2005, 06:49 PM
That is one great looking Bird you have there!! Unfortunately I am available only on Sunday after 5:00pm, but I think it would be great if people could get together as the weather gets nice.

In addition, if you have a mechanic who knows these engines, that would be wonderful!! I have a wish list of stuff I just cannot get done myself anymore and have been looking for someone willing to dive into my engine compartment who knew what they were looking at!!!

Ira

Hey i just started a new thread based on my first post about the future club... let's post the ideas and comments in that thread rather than having members search through "nyc chapter is dead".....lol thanks.

mattyblazer
02-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey i just started a new thread based on my first post about the future club... let's post the ideas and comments in that thread rather than having members search through "nyc chapter is dead".....lol thanks.

Whats the difference, its 2 pages long... The point of my original post was to see if people were interested in starting something up again, and there seems to be interest.

Deerpark might be a little far out for some of the guys up north, and to the west.

doesn't matter to me I'll drive anywhere. :)

-Matt

vivisex666
02-18-2005, 11:12 AM
What part of the east end of LI? My parents have a place on the south fork....sag harbor. I've only seen one sc out there when i worked summers out there..a guy had an 89? white with red cloth 5speed
I saw an 89-91? red one last month some time. He got onto Sunrise from the Westhampton exit. I think he was one of the military guys from the air base.

when did you work summers out here? i've had mine for 3 years now and i drive it every day.

i've been seeing a white T-Bird recently. it's dropped. looks good. but it's a V8.

fasttbird12
02-18-2005, 11:32 AM
that red sc you see is eather me or a guy that works at the air base he lives out west. the last snowstorm i toed him out of a ditch he slid into on the exit ramp for eastport on sunrise

vivisex666
02-18-2005, 12:12 PM
that red sc you see is eather me or a guy that works at the air base he lives out west. the last snowstorm i toed him out of a ditch he slid into on the exit ramp for eastport on sunrise
It wasn't you. the guy i saw was older. prob older then me even. i almost lost it that night too. i was heading north on Nichols Rd. a turn came, and my car just went straight. i was only doing like 20 mph so it was like being in slow-mo. i could see 3 other tire tracks that went in the same direction i was heading in. i ended up sliding into the curb and that straightened me out. i drove home from my friends at 2 am. it took an hour and a half. it sucked ***.

KwikGSeX
02-18-2005, 01:35 PM
tsk tsk tsk.. You guys need AWD :D

Then again who am i kidding.. lowered 2" with dinky 215/40's on my pile i get stuck in 1 ft of snow also.. LoL

BigDon
03-20-2005, 02:30 PM
I live in Brooklyn, NY and have a '91 Super Coupe. I would be very interested in joining a chapter if one were to organize in the Greater NY area.

At the present time, I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with:
Immediately after a hot start-Up, the engine does not run smoothly. After stepping on the accelerator, however, the engine smooths out. Is there someone in the Brooklyn area that is familiar with these cars, who can help me. I am willing to bring my car to a local mechanic, if someone can recommend one in this area.

XxSlowpokexX
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh I had that problem whenmy harmonic balancer was going...Well its getting nice out...Let sget together and we can do SC diagnostics!

BigDon
03-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I appreciate your wanting to get together to do some SC Diags. I sent an email to you at your posted email address as a follow up.

Thanks again,
BigDon