boost?

jmfasc

i finally got my car runnig petty good,but i cant get over 10psi,and when its at idle its at about 17 on vac side.it makes a wierd hissing noise when i turn it off. i know there an exhaust leak on the headers.but i cant figure this out.and i cant find any vac leaks. can anybody help me?

jmfasc said:
i finally got my car runnig petty good,but i cant get over 10psi,and when its at idle its at about 17 on vac side.it makes a wierd hissing noise when i turn it off. i know there an exhaust leak on the headers.but i cant figure this out.and i cant find any vac leaks. can anybody help me?

Weird hissing sound typically means that the IAC is shot and needs to be replaced

Could be a vacuum leak. Use some carb cleaner or brake cleaner to spray around vacuum lines, intercooler tubes and super charger connections. If there is a leak, the idle should go up when it is sprayed. If the IAC is bad, it will keep running if you unplug it. If it's good, the car should turn off.

Mine had about the same symptoms. Before :) I disassembled the whole system, I double-checked the vacuum with a separate vacuum gauge when the engine was idling –and it read 20 inhg.
So I pulled the vacuum gauge from the cluster and checked it up to a vacuum/fuel pressure gauge, and I found that the SC gauge gave to low readings. Fiddled about with it for a while and managed to fix it. Checked it again against the vacuum/fuel pressure gauge and it was fine. Has worked fine ever since.

jmfasc said:
if you unplug the iac connector and it dies,does that mean its good for sure?

It should die if it's good, because it cuts off the air flow to the motor. It sounds to me more like you have a vacuum leak though. Did you check for leaks yet?

yeah,couldnt find any.i just bought some copper rtv and gonna reseal the ic tubes just to make sure. there is homemade gaskets on there right now,

How The Temps??????????

:cool: :cool: :cool: ABOUT 1 HR AT 70.DEGREES OR USE A HAIR DRYER ON HIGH FOR 20 MINUTES :eek: :eek: START LET IDLE FOR TILL WARMED UP :) :) SHUT OFF WAIT 1 HR GO TO GO :confused: :confused:

jmfasc said:
all done, when should it be safe to start the engine up after rtv?

Where are you located? I see bay area in your posts. There are a few in the bay area I can think of. Maybe they could help you out. "Slingingbeauty" is one of them. Can you think of anybody Freddie???? :confused:

Back