fan's not workin!

895speed

does anybody know how to hot wire the fan on the radiator, because mine suddently stopped workin! I made it direct to the battery and it works fine, but i'm guessin there is somethin wrong with the fan sensor or somethin of that naure. If i could get some suggsestion about it that would be nice, it would help me out.

i had to hot wire mine as well. long and traumatic story why (hehe :eek: ) but im glad that i did. i love not ever having to worry about my fan not coming on and my car overheating. pm me your email and i'll send you a little diagram. you might want to look into why the fan stopped working in the first place. since you're running it off the battery now, its obviously not the fan, so it sounds like either the relay in the ircm that controls the fan is out, or the fusible link was blown. check the wiring by the starter solenoid and make sure its all good as well. when my fan went, it melted one of those in half and gave me a no start on a brand new fan motor. also, where are you located? someone might be close enough to you to drop by and help you out. good luck.

Moses

my car is having the same problem so i just leave the defroster on and the fan kicks on every time. but i still want to find out what the problem is. the dealer told me it was the ccr, and my friend told me they call the icrm a ccr now or something but i replaced it and it still wont work if the defroster or a/c isnt on. not to metion that ford discontinued half the electronic parts for our cars.

35TH5SPEED said:
my car is having the same problem so i just leave the defroster on and the fan kicks on every time. but i still want to find out what the problem is. the dealer told me it was the ccr, and my friend told me they call the icrm a ccr now or something but i replaced it and it still wont work if the defroster or a/c isnt on. not to metion that ford discontinued half the electronic parts for our cars.
Well when ever i figure somethin out with mine, i'll make sure to tell you what i had to do with mine so it would work.

Back