DIS problems solved by a rig job.

white90sc

i new my DIS was going bad because it would act up mostly all the time. the other day i felt the DIS when the car was warm and the DIS was hotter that hell so i took it off and cleaned at all up and befor i put it on i put a sheet of heat sheild paper in between the DIS and the monting rack. WOW now i have no problems at all and it stays alot cooler and i saved myself $150 because i dont have to buy a new DIS.

for those with DIS problems try this first befor you have to pay so big buck...

Just alittle help
Jerry V.

wouldnt putting something in between the DIS module and the base affect the electrical grounding of the module. I cant recall if the grounding is only through the screws. Well, since u said its working good...its all that matters!

well

its not interfering with the ground at all, its not touching the scews or anything. so far its working so good...

Jerry

You know, after I read your post i checked my DIS while the car was already hot and it also gets kinda hot. Im thinking of doing the same thing you did just to keep the temperature of the DIS down and prevent future problems. Where did you get that sheet of heat sheild ? Price? did you use anything else...because I think i remember that you had to use some type of compound at the base of the DIS to make sure it seated right and it to assure that it was making the right ground conections (or something like that). Let me know...thanx

luis

ok

really all i did is went to Auto Zone and picked up some Muffler rap stuff and did the manifolds and had some left to flatly place under the DIS i just place it down and bolted it down. i had severl problems befor but after i did that i have no problems at all with it. it was like only $10 at the most, it was the cheap stuff..lol

Good luck
Jerry V.

Back