Best way to polish fog lights?

91CaliTBIRD

I am replacing the fog light bulbs on my 91' SC. While i have them out i was wondering what the best polish/cleaner would be to get them shining again.
Thanks

3M sells a plastic cleaner and polish compound. Depending on how bad they are you may have to wet sand the plastic first.

Mine were cracked, so i heated the glue and busted out the remaining portion of the lense. I traced to outside to a piece of 1/4" plexiglass, then used a dremel to cut it. Some clear silicone and a days worth of driving and my fog lights are clear as day!

haven't tried the 3M plastic cleaner, but I was using 3M rubbing compond on a car the other day to clean up the paint and just for ***** and giggles I tried it on the head lights that were very yellow. It didn't take out all the scratches (some of which were pretty deep) but it did take off all the yellow and shine them up pretty good. I didn't even try very hard at all, just sort of ran over them with the buffer, I'm sure they do even better by hand. pick it up at wal-mart for a couple bucks.

Back