Using Teves IV as a stand alone hydroboost Master Cylinder NO ABS

Peterdroy66

TEVES experts
I have a 71 Mustang Convt that I am trying to add a hydraulic clutch master cylinder to. The Vac Booster in the 71 power brakes is completely in the way of a good location for the clutch master.
I was considering using a 1st gen abs master cylinder only as a means to have power brakes without the vacum booster.
What I am wondering is if I might be able to use the teves assembly, with a power source and relay to keep the accumulator charged, without all the ABS computer connections etc
Anybody have any constructive thougths on this, I am going to study the material I have on things tonight.
Yes this sounds crazy but I think it might work.
Pete

Peter, that just sounds like you're asking for a rough time. ;)

I'm going to use a Modern Driveline cable kit for the T5 conversion in my old crapcan.

cheers,
Ed N.

Clutch

fast Ed N said:
Peter, that just sounds like you're asking for a rough time. ;)

I'm going to use a Modern Driveline cable kit for the T5 conversion in my old crapcan.

cheers,
Ed N.
Ed
Your cougar is a piece of cake, there are alot more options for it than my 71-3 both hydraulic and cable.
My cable is from Bruce At Modern, very close too good, it has been a long struggle in my application.
Pete

Ford HydroBoost

For did play around with the Hydroboost system (on Lincolns I think). Ford had a lot of problems with theirs, but the Hydroboost on Dodge trucks worked GREAT. All the Dodge pickups that the Air Force bought, had Hydroboost & we never had a problem with them. Maybe you could adapt some Dodge parts?

68COUGAR

Back