automatic shift lever swap?

joenintiesc

Can I use the shift lever from an automatic 94-95 SC in my 90 SC (aod)? I plan on getting the Lentech valve body with electric OD lockout, and was thinking that the button on the side of the 94-95 shifter would be a really convenient place to wire it up to! :)

Will it work?

I don't know if its possible but I am changing the shifter on my 1994auto so if you want I could sell it to you

Surely somebody knows! Although I am surprised nothing on this ever came up before, at least based on a few searches I did prior to posting...
:confused:

Most people are nervous enough just drilling a hole in the transmission case and don't want to make installing the valve body any more complicated than necessary.

I just did what everyone does, and installed an illuminated rocker switch on the console. If it were on the shift lever I would probably be hitting it on accident like every time I drive my wife's car. Then I would still need to wire a lamp up somewhere to let me know when the delete solenoid is getting power.

David

joenintiesc said:
Can I use the shift lever from an automatic 94-95 SC in my 90 SC (aod)? I plan on getting the Lentech valve body with electric OD lockout, and was thinking that the button on the side of the 94-95 shifter would be a really convenient place to wire it up to! :)

Will it work?

I talked to Len at Lentech about this same thing and he said that the switch on the shifter can be used but it would need to trigger a flip flop relay. It seems that the od button is nothing more than a mometary switch.

Super XR7

Well, it seemed like such a convenient place to have the switch... Dave, where on the console did you put the switch - near the ARC and foglight switches?

I'm really looking forward to getting this Lentech vb and the tc I just bought from Dirtydog/Alan (12", non-locking, 2200 stall) installed! :D (Not actually looking forward to doing the install, but more to the point where it is already installed... ;) )

Back