stop lights not turning on! Help Please!

darkstar_one

hey, my stop lights dont turn on until halfway through the travel, its starting to become a real pain in my ***! i already replaced the bushing, and the stop light switch and it still doesnt turn on until halfway through the travel... what can be causing this...??? i mean then again my calipers are worn out... especially the driver side... anyone?

Your brake switch is probably not adjusted correctly. What do your calipers have to do with your brake lights not coming on? Find a service manual for proper adjustment.

Later,
Nick

Mine were non-adjustable and it went bad after pulling out the ABS system like 4 times... :rolleyes:, so I just went and bought a new brake light switch (It goes on the brake pedal-2 pin connector) for like $57.00. :eek:

Just kidding :D , they are only $5.00 at most.. ;)

There is no adjustment as stated. I originally replaced mine with a parts store switch and it wouldn't come on all the time (this was on my daily driver '92 n/a by the way). Rather than buy a new one from Ford I just got a couple used ones from the junkyard. Also as I recall I believe the switch is different between the ABS and non ABS cars.

Back