Soooo, which Motorcraft spark plugs...32PP or 34PP?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I've read in different pieces of (ford) literature and i've read in different places on this board about the 'best' spark plug to use and i keep hearing some people say 32PP is the best, and other people say that the 34PP is the best. What are the differences, pro's and con's of each plug...anybody? Might have to change mine....AGAIN cuz i have a misfire that is TICKING ME OFF! , but i wanna chose the 'right' plug..(if there is one). thanx

luis

If the engine is still stock or pretty much so, you can stay with the original AWSF 34 PP. Once you get into some mods, and are going to be running it harder, the AWSF 32 PP gapped a bit tighter, around .045" to .048", will work better and be less prone to detonation.

We put a set of the 32s in my car during the tune-up prior to the trip to Carlisle, seems good. My 95 was detonating under full throttle with 94 octane fuel after I had put on a 1990 pulley, about a 3 or 4% OD on a 94-95 I think. Anyway, it seems better this year. haven't heard any pinging yet, and I was beating on it a bit last night in the 85 degree weather we've been having the last few days.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back