PDA

View Full Version : Recalls

ben04
01-19-2005, 01:30 AM
is there a link to the recalls our SCs have had?

my wiper/highbeam/lights "stick" on the steeringwheel column is busted. head lights/fog lamps dont come on, day time running lgiths work fine. the stick is jammed in place, wont pull back for highbeams. in trying to do so i think i

shorted out the rear defrost and what not :confused: i was told this was a ford recall, defective piece or something. any ideas?

ThunderDave
01-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Google it. Whatever year your SC is and recalls: 1989 Thunderbird SC recalls, for example.

Seuss
01-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Is there a time limit on recalls or can you get the work done at any time?

ThePikey
01-19-2005, 10:45 PM
check the fuses under the hood. when i bought my SC back in march, the guy i bought it from told me the same thing. i checked the fuses on a guess and it was just the fuse. the switch its self sells for about $150 from ford

jnpmismash
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Go to www. alldata. com They have a complete list of recalls and TSB's for every car. I looked up my SC a while ago, Not alot of recalls, but a lot of TSB's

ben04
01-20-2005, 12:21 AM
check the fuses under the hood. when i bought my SC back in march, the guy i bought it from told me the same thing. i checked the fuses on a guess and it was just the fuse. the switch its self sells for about $150 from ford

yea im sure fuses are dead for the rear defrost, but the stick is done for sure. 150 from ford eh, prob the only way to go, dont wanna get a used one of those.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/89190748.html

TSB is like a complaint? or are these recalls as well?

ThePikey
01-20-2005, 09:22 AM
yea im sure fuses are dead for the rear defrost, but the stick is done for sure. 150 from ford eh, prob the only way to go, dont wanna get a used one of those.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/89190748.html

TSB is like a complaint? or are these recalls as well?

I have a used one here that does work. if yer intrested pm me

Joisey Jim
01-20-2005, 01:54 PM
The headlamp recall was just the headlamp switch on the dash. I had it done on my '93. However, the real problem is the fact that the full headlamp voltage is going thru both the headlamp switch and the multi-purpose (high/low beam, indicator) switch. You'll need to replace both switches and invest in a bypass harness (from Competition ltg, etc) for about $55. This uses relays and minimizes the voltage going thru the stock wiring. I had to do it on both my 93 & 94 (different harness for the later models with dual element lamps).