Replacement Leather/Suede Seat Covers 89-95 SC's

Rich Thomson

Replacement Leather Suede Seat Covers 89-95 SC's

Now available :eek:

Replacement leather/suede or all leather seat covers available for 1989-1995 SC 6 way power front and split and non split rear fold seats. Sold as a complete front and rear set these seat covers replace the factory leather or leather/cloth seat covers. Replace your old worn factory seat covers with new leather even if you have leather/cloth seats with non split fold. Available options are two tone leather or leather/suede with or without piping and 2 or 4 seat Embroidering is available for extra fee. Rear seat pocket is optional for all front seats. Rear split 60/40 seats have matching carpet on back. Suede cannot be ordered in perforated style. Seat covers reuse the factory metal rods to reattach the covers to the cushions with hog rings. Pricing is as follows and is subject to change. $550 for vinyl with leather seat bottom and back only the center inserts are leather or $625 for leather & leather seating surface plus $25 per option like suede, perforated leather and embroidering. No extra charge for two tone color or piping. Email us if you are interested. richt@mn12performance.com

Pictures are coming next month with full tear down and install instructions.

Currently available is this Thunderbird wing logo. Text is also available. If you have line art in JPG let us know we will get it scanned for totally custom seats. Copyrighted logos cannot be done.

mn12-tbird-wing-logo-sm.jpg

tbird-logo-seat-pic-sm.jpg

MN12 Performance Inc.
4110 Plaza Lane
Fairfax, VA 22033

richt@mn12performance.com
703-968-6513

Last edited:
Thats is awesome news! Price is more than reasonable, cheapest one i've seen personally. Im assuming that this is regardless of model of seats (early vs late). Will perforated leather be offered? U rock Rich!

What are the chances of getting 35th Anni seat covers duplicated? Perfs, Suede, and the piping in the proper colors?

All and all it sounds very interesting.

Is the $550 or $625 for both front seats and entire rear seat (including the piece going around the seat)? If so, where do I send the money (when I have it)? :)

-Kornhaus

Damn, that's nice. Hmm I may have to consider this. My seats are fairly good outside of the one bolster though I know a guy who knows a guy who can fix it for $50. ;)

I'd like a set but exhaust must come first!. :)

Mike8675309 said:
What are the chances of getting 35th Anni seat covers duplicated? Perfs, Suede, and the piping in the proper colors?

All and all it sounds very interesting.

Working on just that today. The Black leather and blue piping is no problem. I got some suede samples and the color Natural seems to be the same color as the 35th seats. Perforated seude is not an option. The 35th seats will be a Facsimile not a exact replica.

Last edited:
hellakornhaus said:
Is the $550 or $625 for both front seats and entire rear seat (including the piece going around the seat)? If so, where do I send the money (when I have it)? :)

-Kornhaus

I thought I made that clear? Front and rear seats are included in the prices.

Rich:

This looks like an awesome option. I don't know alot about upolstery (not even sure I spelled it right) but how do the fit quality of these compare to taking the seats to be recovered at a shop?

I guess my opinion has always been that premanufactured covers never quite fit perfect but these look to be better.

Any comment...

Thanks

These seat covers are made from the measurements of the OEM covers. Each OEM cover is taken apart (all stitching is removed) and measured so the replacements are an exact fit.

Rich

Rich Thomson said:
Perforated seude is not an option. The 35th seats will be a Facsimile not a exact replica.

That could be an issue for some owners I'm sure. I had a line on a company that could supply "semi"-perferated suede (it had a backing that wasn't perfed) but it was only available in full rolls of material and it wasn't cheap.

I'm sure others would like anything that gets it close.

The SC Font I am going to have reproduced is below. I like the circle around the SC plus it holds true to the origional SC steering wheel logo design. 2" diameter for head rests and 3" diameter for seat backs. If anyone else has a different font reply here.

SC_logo.JPG

Last edited:
I would say that the logo with the circle is good. It would look more factory-like since the same emblem is in our steering wheels...early and late model. Also, a suggestion...why not use the anniversary logo, or have it as an option. It looks very good...now, you can include the 'anniversary thunderbird' text for the 35ths...if prefered, or remove the text for all other sc's. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• 35thAnniversarySC.jpg
    35thAnniversarySC.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 481
Re: ...

Rich Thomson said:
No cloth will be available. Suede and perforated leater seating surface material is the only choices.

Would you have some pics on the material? (Suede / perf leather.. both in blk )

CaifanSC said:
I would say that the logo with the circle is good. It would look more factory-like since the same emblem is in our steering wheels...early and late model. Also, a suggestion...why not use the anniversary logo, or have it as an option. It looks very good...now, you can include the 'anniversary thunderbird' text for the 35ths...if prefered, or remove the text for all other sc's. Just my 2 cents.

When doing embroidering think line art. The 35th logo is very complicated. It would look really bad if you tried to get all the letters to show up. My suggestion would be to simplify the logo by removing the lettering and just go with the basic shape line art shape. The same goes for the 40th anniversary logo. Both of thoes are copyrighted by Ford.

Some people wanted to know what color Blue was offered. Here is the color blue I have available. No other blue available. Royal Blue is available in perforated style.

royalblue.JPG

I have a number of questions:-
Will factory colors like titanium be available for the leather and the vinyl non-seating areas? I’m asking specifically about titanium for the earlier models as it is somewhat similar to the gray found on the later models which is not suitable for my interior.
Can you post pictures of the leather, perforated leather, and vinyl, showing the texture of the material? Any foam backing for the leather?
Is the stitching the same as the original with parallel pairs of lines in the seatback and bottom (on the earlier models)?
In what color thread are the logos embroidered? Can they be done on perforated leather or will the leather get weakened?

J.D. said:
I have a number of questions:-
Will factory colors like titanium be available for the leather and the vinyl non-seating areas? I’m asking specifically about titanium for the earlier models as it is somewhat similar to the gray found on the later models which is not suitable for my interior.
Can you post pictures of the leather, perforated leather, and vinyl, showing the texture of the material? Any foam backing for the leather?
Is the stitching the same as the original with parallel pairs of lines in the seatback and bottom (on the earlier models)?
In what color thread are the logos embroidered? Can they be done on perforated leather or will the leather get weakened?

The origional colors are not available. In most cases only colors available are what the manufacturer has unless you have your own leather.

CLICK HERE FOR LEATHER COLOR SELECTION

The perforated version of the leather uses round pin holes punched in the leather.

No foam backing on the leather or vinyl.

I do not know if the stitching is exactly as the OEM. I will check but again these seat covers are not OEM exact replicas.

Any color thread is available for the embroidering. I have not been told embroidering on perforated leather is not available. The perforations in the leather are pinholes.

As of today I do not have any actual pictures of the seat covers available for posting.

UPDATE

After going over the two seats I have on hand I have compiled a selection of leather and sude colors which are closest to the OEM colors. When I get the other seat covers back from the manufacturer I will post more color choices for different interiors. Matching the color of the leather exactly is not possible but finding a color which compliments the interior is. The seating area is the same as the 35th anniversary style. My photoshop skills are not that good. Here is the logo placement.

tbird-logo-placement-front.JPG

tbird-logo-placement-rear.JPG

Replacement 1994-1995 Seat Cover Color options

94-95 OEM Grey Seats
Black Leather
Med Graphite Leather
Black Suede

94-95 OEM Tan Seats
Black Leather
Sandstone Leather
Black Suede
Mushroom Suede