PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket thermostat housing?

Digitalchaos
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
In the past, there was discussion on the forums of developing a new aftermarket thermostat housing.

Having had continuous, ongoing problems with my thermostat leaking, I am now interested in learning if such a part was ever developed, or planed for development?

Any information you can provide will be appreciated;
Kevin

BT Motorsports
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
In the past, there was discussion on the forums of developing a new aftermarket thermostat housing.

Having had continuous, ongoing problems with my thermostat leaking, I am now interested in learning if such a part was ever developed, or planed for development?

Any information you can provide will be appreciated;
Kevin
Kevin, I am the one who mentioned the new thermostat housings. Actually, they are reconditioned housings offered on a core exchange basis. A stock housing is cut apart then the tubes are placed in a jig and welded to a new plate which is quite rigid compared to the stamped stock flange. The plate is then machined flat to ensure a good seal. I have not advertised these yet because I am still gathering cores, however, if you need one quickly, please contact me via email or PM and I will see what can be worked out.

Paul

adpsmp
01-20-2005, 03:35 PM
What would you be charging for one of the aftermarket housings? oh, and will you offer them chrome plated? :D

BT Motorsports
01-20-2005, 04:17 PM
What would you be charging for one of the aftermarket housings? oh, and will you offer them chrome plated? :D
I am targeting $100 with core exchange. They will be available in black only at this time.

Paul

Digitalchaos
01-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Hello Paul;

$100 dollars seems like a very reasonable price for the unit you are describing, and I will certainly be purchasing one of the units you described. My housing has actually been leaking very slowly for some time, however it just recently became worse after multiple heating/cooling cycles in 0 degree weather. I don't think I'm in immediate need.

Previously I had 2 other housing which I was not using. I wish I still had them so I could send them to you.

Thanks for your reply!
Kevin