Ideas for an exhaust dump??

pablon2

I searched through the forums and found little on this type of exhaust setup. I had a lengthy thread started the other day regarding enlarging my header openings, but figured this may deserve a thread of its own. So...I am kicking around the idea of crafting an exhaust dump between the downtubes and the cats. What's the best way to go about this to ensure ease of removal and leak free operation? FYI, my definition of an exhaust dump is an exhaust setup that enables me to quickly disconnect everything from the downtubes back, or headers back, I haven't decided at which point to disconnect it. The reason I want to do this is b/c I plan to dump the exhaust when running 1/4 mile street legal drags. I have heard this can cut 1/4 mile times (hopefully this statement doesn't boil into a huge controversy). :p

Moving thread to "Performance Forum".

pablon2 said:
I searched through the forums and found little on this type of exhaust setup. I had a lengthy thread started the other day regarding enlarging my header openings, but figured this may deserve a thread of its own. So...I am kicking around the idea of crafting an exhaust dump between the downtubes and the cats. What's the best way to go about this to ensure ease of removal and leak free operation? FYI, my definition of an exhaust dump is an exhaust setup that enables me to quickly disconnect everything from the downtubes back, or headers back, I haven't decided at which point to disconnect it. The reason I want to do this is b/c I plan to dump the exhaust when running 1/4 mile street legal drags. I have heard this can cut 1/4 mile times (hopefully this statement doesn't boil into a huge controversy). :p

68COUGAR said:
Where is this "Performance Forum"?

68COUGAR
For fifteen dollars you get access to these forums

SCCoA Discussion
FAQ
Supplier's New Parts Outlet
Member Discounts
Appearance & Detailing
Audio
Brakes
Drivetrain
Electrical
Performance
Suspension
Lounge

pablon2 said:
Has anyone successfully installed/ran these electric cutouts on their SCs? I think it'd be cool to put in if they fit between the downtubes and the cats.
I suppose I could buy and see if they fit, and if not return them (but it would be a PITA to do it this way).

i know a guy at work that had them on his mustang (which he recently traded for a thunderbird.. score!! :D ) and they were pretty awesome. only thing is that one of them sort of locked up. the motor wouldnt actuate the valve and when we pulled out the cutout, it was very hard to move by hand. never found out why it did this. he didnt have it too long either. not more than 6 months. only bad thing i have to say about em.

Moses

Back