I need a opinion on magnaflow mufflers vs dynomax superturbo

blown96bird

I recently ordered a exhaust system for my allen supercharged and intercooled v8 bird. The system is coming from speedfreak.cc. I have chosen sainless steel dual 2 1/2 system with no catlist converters. I have chose the magnaflow stainless steel mufflers. I am a little concerned about the posiabilty of resonance in the 1800-2200 rpm range. Are the magnaflow much louder than the dynomax superturbos. I chose the magnaflow becuse it is made out of stainless steel.

hey i had magnaflows on my 86 5.0 tbird and there was no resonance. THey had a low smooth melllow tone. they werent as loud as the dynomax superturbos but they had a really nice sound to them.

chris

I recently ordered a exhaust system for my allen supercharged and intercooled v8 bird. The system is coming from speedfreak.cc. I have chosen sainless steel dual 2 1/2 system with no catlist converters. I have chose the magnaflow stainless steel mufflers. I am a little concerned about the posiabilty of resonance in the 1800-2200 rpm range. Are the magnaflow much louder than the dynomax superturbos. I chose the magnaflow becuse it is made out of stainless steel.

Its the v6's that have the nasty droning problem between 1800-2200, not so much the v8's.

Fraser

Its the v6's that have the nasty droning problem between 1800-2200, not so much the v8's.

Fraser

Yes the V8's Drone around 2000 RPM's also .. its called the Resonant Frequency. I hated my 4.6 Tbird would vibrate the whole car at certain RPM.

- Dan

i have a 95 SC. m getting all magnaflow products. metallic spun cats, resonator and mufflers. i would rather be catless but that = more drone.

Back