Yet another victim...

19dCavScout

Well I think I am due for a tranny rebuild. This morning my OD went out. It will not shift into OD but all of the gears work fine. It seems like when it goes to shift into OD it wont grasp the gear, it just revs, but it seems like it kinda holds just not very well. I called a couple of tranny shops and they said that it would be between 1000-2200. I am also wondering if anyone in the colorado springs area know of a good shop cheap. I deploy in a month and a half and my wife needs the car until I get back and we can buy my lightning and what ever she picks. Thanks guys.

19dCavScout said:
Well I think I am due for a tranny rebuild. This morning my OD went out. It will not shift into OD but all of the gears work fine. It seems like when it goes to shift into OD it wont grasp the gear, it just revs, but it seems like it kinda holds just not very well. I called a couple of tranny shops and they said that it would be between 1000-2200. I am also wondering if anyone in the colorado springs area know of a good shop cheap. I deploy in a month and a half and my wife needs the car until I get back and we can buy my lightning and what ever she picks. Thanks guys.

Oh man I know how you feel. I am guessing you read my thread. I am just driving the car in second "D" that is not overdrive. It holds up really well down the freeway. I personally do not think I will fix it any time soon and if I do it will either be dropping in a 5spd or I will rebuild the AOD myself. Good luck man!

Shane

my freind has an 92' auto and he said that the auto tranny uses bands inside that if pushed to hard break the teeth off and just spin. i dont know if thats true or not but maybe it can help.

Tell her its OK to drive it, but to shift into "D", not O/D. Mileage won't be quite as good on the freeway, but it will run just fine. Mine drops out of O/D on the freeway after it heats up; I intend to drive it 1000 miles this wknd in 3rd gear but I'm not that concerned. Its been doing this for 9 months.

Back