My bosses are so damn ANAL!

I went through the christmas holiday like everybody else except for the fact that I put a special little picture on the breakroom wall. That little picture landed me in a manager's office. :(
Who else has a mean @SS boss? :confused:

Last edited:
wow. sounds like someone doesnt have a sense of humor. i actually think that picture is hilarious. quite appropiate for a bathroom if you ask me. i think thats crap that you got in trouble for it (pun intended :p )

Moses

specops_SC said:
wow. sounds like someone doesnt have a sense of humor. i actually think that picture is hilarious. quite appropiate for a bathroom if you ask me. i think thats crap that you got in trouble for it (pun intended :p )

Moses
LOL MOSES! :D
I got put on a what is called a first-level for business conduct. Then again I work with 90% women and since I work for a dept. called "mission control" at Sprint PCS, I am supposed to be a "role model". :rolleyes:
I hear that my manager laughed her @$$ off and then dropped the bomb on me. :eek:

Man that sure is funny. I cant beleive anyone would get offended by that picture. What loosers!

Shane

dirtybird91 said:
LOL MOSES! :D
I got put on a what is called a first-level for business conduct. Then again I work with 90% women and since I work for a dept. called "mission control" at Sprint PCS, I am supposed to be a "role model". :rolleyes:
I hear that my manager laughed her @$$ off and then dropped the bomb on me. :eek:
If I'd been the boss, I'd have done the same thing.. laugh my A off and then make you take it down. I would not have put anything in a personnel file about it unless it had been a ongoing problem. :rolleyes:

Randy N Connie said:
...Every body knows you cannot lay down a crurly-kroo
that nice on a cone.

Sounds like you need practice!

Look around the office and act shocked at anyone elses personal stuff on their cubes and complain about it! I would.

Appropriate action

I don't think the picture is particularly offensive. Having said that I do think the picture is innapropriate in a public area where other persons may be eating. ie: "breakroom". Not all persons may share your or my sense of humor and if any other employee is offended and complains, then the manager/boss did the right thing. By your statement, that you heard that the boss laughed, should give a clue that he/she wasn't taking it personal. Lighten up on the boss he/she did what needed to be done. Different story if the pic was in your own personal area where others could choose not to look at it. John

I still feel no remorse!

I laugh everytime I look at that. Sure I don't think everyone shares the same sence of humor, but I have let much bigger things slide.
Anyone that is offended by a snowman and an ice-cream cone needs to take a big sniff of thier panties and tell me if they don't stink! :D Let the first one that falls short of a little humor cast the first stone. ;)

Frank,

Pretty much all it takes these days, is for one person to complain that they found the picture offensive or a distraction. If someone wanted to claim Sexual Harrassment because the snowman's bare a$$ is showing, they could.

Once managment receives a complaint they are required to act on it (if the complaint is legit) or risk being sued themselves. I'm sure the problem is not with your boss, and she is just responding to a complaint from one of the other employees.

Either way I seriously doubt the incident has any bearing on your future with the company. If you never get in trouble, your not doing anything. I've got several letters in my file...and somehow I still ended up being the boss.

David

Hehe!

David,
I agree with everything you guys are saying here, but it's still fun to bitch about it while I lick my wounds! :D
Somewhere deep inside, I know it was not the right thing to do. :eek:

dirtybird91 said:
I laugh everytime I look at that. Sure I don't think everyone shares the same sence of humor, but I have let much bigger things slide.
Anyone that is offended by a snowman and an ice-cream cone needs to take a big sniff of thier panties and tell me if they don't stink! :D Let the first one that falls short of a little humor cast the first stone. ;)
I think I understand your work environment. I too work in a company for, of, and by females. I'm kept around just for stud duty ;) .
You may have more success if you post pictures of snowWOMEN. You may have even more success if you post them anonymously.

J.D. said:
I think I understand your work environment. I too work in a company for, of, and by females. I'm kept around just for stud duty ;) .
You may have more success if you post pictures of snowWOMEN. You may have even more success if you post them anonymously.

HAHA! I wish I had your job description man! :D
I posted mine annonymously, but someone found out and narked. :(

this is like that DREW CARRY EPISODE, where he puts the picture of the CATERPILLAR on top of the FRENCH FRY, and he gets sued for sexual harrasment and so on... what a pain in the *** must that be to work with jerks like that... man those people need to get out more...

darkstar_one said:
this is like that DREW CARRY EPISODE, where he puts the picture of the CATERPILLAR on top of the FRENCH FRY, and he gets sued for sexual harrasment and so on... what a pain in the *** must that be to work with jerks like that... man those people need to get out more...

LMAO!!!! :D I agree with that man. A lot of it is also about "power-trips" too. Hell, if you give the wrong person too much authority they will certainly look for ways to prove it. :rolleyes:

Well, you all know this is now known as the United States of the Offended. A lot of people are just looking for something to complain about, whether it really bothers them or not. Maybe they don't like to see someone else having a good time or enjoying a joke, such as yours. Some do it thinking there may be a payoff or to just bring someone else down.

I am not personally offended by that picture Frank, but it's a good thing you took that Beretta off your signature, cause I was about to go to George about it. LOL :D :eek: :p :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hear you man...I had some stuff in my personal cubicle at work...when I was in the military...the signs I made, small ones i should say, didn't speak highly of, well, religion. The signs were small enough that someone would have to walk into my personal cubicle to read them. 99% of the people chuckled...damn that one percent...got a LOC for that one.

Just thinking about this now...HEHE...We had a Mandatory briefing that the entire base had to go to. The base being the Air Force Academy. It was a Sexual-Assault breifing...with most of the speakers being women...and all of the speakers bashing males...I kid you not, even the male speakers were bashing men...anyway, I was mad that I had to go to this briefing, cause it was an all day event...on a Saturday! I decided to wear my shirt that said: "HELP STOP RAPE: CONSENT" It might not be funny to some people, but i still get laughs from it. Anyway, I got an LOR from my Commander because of that shirt...She told me it was offensive and it will never be worn on the base again. But alot of people were laughing...

Anyway, I hear you DB91, keep on pressin on. They will have to accept the funny pictures sometime.

Stephen

NCredSC said:
I am not personally offended by that picture Frank, but it's a good thing you took that Beretta off your signature, cause I was about to go to George about it. LOL :D :eek: :p :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

LOL David! I assumed someone already beat you to it because it suddenly just "stopped" working! :D

Back