Anyone Installed SCP/Kooks Powerder Coated Headers

SuperCoupeSC91

just wondering if someone has installed these headers on a 89-93 SC if they ran into trouble ? aproximently how long it took them to install ? How much louder over stock where they ? should i put like lock washers with the header bolt kit ? I am just gonna take but connectors also with some wire and extend my O2 Sensors since they have about 6,000 miles on them, any sugestions and tips would be helpful thanks, i want to oder these headers probably this week, just would like to hear a little from people that installed them and what tricks they did.. Thanks Alot, Alex

when i did the install it took me about three days to finish working after i got off of work, probably because i had to keep running out to buy different tools. if you ordered them through supercoupeperformance.com then they should have sent you an issue of the chargin' thunder periodical that goes through a detailed explanation of how to change them. it's not easy i'll tell you that. as for the loudness, i changed the rest of the exhaust at the same time so i can't make a fair comparison. DO NOT extend the wires for the o2 sensors. they work of a set of resistance values and extending the wires will skew those values, confusing the computer. bosch makes a longer wired version you can buy. good luck to you.

Back