PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Opinion?

NY90RedSC
01-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm currently looking at an 89 SC that an individual in the local area has advertised for sale. When I asked him what he wanted for the car he wasn't sure what he wanted to get for it and told me to shoot him an offer. I thought I'd run it by you guys and see what you thought it might be worth.
The owner has done alot of work including head gaskets and completely rebuilding the suspension with new A frames and a poly bushing kit for the suspensions and frame bushings as well. The car is black with dark red cloth interior. I absolutely love that color combination. The seat bolsters aren't even ripped or worn either.
The supercharger has also been rebuilt and the engine looks and runs new. It has the 5 speed manual and is very touchy. The owner claims the clutch and pressure plate were replaced with a racing setup, making the clutch much stiffer. Has anyone heard of this being done to these cars? I've only driven a car with a clutch as tight as this one and that was a stock car. I tried backing the car up and it was almost impossible to do without stalling the car out.
The only down side to the car I can see is the paint and the front and rear bumpers. The front bumper is torn underneath the car and the passenger fog light is bent and broken. It almost looks like the car hit a deer or something like that.
The paint is also cracked and it's also cracked on the rear bumper cover.
Overall though the car is very clean and looks so tough! I was wondering what you all might think this car is worth in it's present condition? There is no rust on the car and it has 118k miles on the odometer. It does not have the factory stereo but there is a Pioneer cd player in it's place.
Let me know what you all think the car is worth. I'm open to any all suggestions.
Thanks in Advance!

David Neibert
01-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Brian,

You can get a pretty good idea of what to offer from reviewing the classified section "Cars For Sale". You can also use the Kelly Blue Book website. I ran the numbers on that car thru Kelly Blue Book and got about $1,750 for my area.

http://www.kbb.com

David

chadder1313
01-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Well if it were me id offer $1450. That seems pretty fair.