The Clean Up

Phillio99

I just finished up porting out my inlet plenum and s/c and brushed as much dust as I could get out. There is still some dust in there any I was just wondering how to get the rest of the filings out. Any suggestions?
Secondly, when I took my blower apart the coupler spring popped out. Is it possible to get that sucker back in? If not should i just put the solid coupler I have from the other blower I have in? Any help would be great.
Phil

Use a shop vac to remove the rest of the filings or remove the plenum and wash it out. Hopefully you stuffed a rag into the plenum before you started porting...if not pull the blower and remove the plenum for cleaning before starting the car.

I'm sure the spring can be put back into the coupler if it came out, but I would just order a new solid coupler from Wynn (TBird88). Because the one you have is probably already worn.

David

I actually have the plenum and supercharger out of the car and the s/c is apart. If i have the rear bearings in the s/c covered will it be ok to wash out the s/c with soapy water? Any thoughts? Also, is it possible to put one of Wynn's gaskets on the connection between the intercooler and the lower intercooler pipe?
Thanks,
Phil

Phil,
I would not be washing the case out with watter and the bearings still in it. You dont want water in with that gress. just you the shop vac and if you need to wipe it out with a cloth.
As for the gasket sure you can use one that just make sure both sides are clean.

Ahh thanks man, on the gasket thing, I meant to ask if it was possible to slip the gasket on with the lower pipe still installed. The return plenum is out as is the Supercharger and the inlet plenum but i haven't taken the lower intercoooler pipe out. Can i pull the IC studs move the pipe back a wee bit slip it on there then thread the IC studs back on? any other good ways to get that gasket on there?
Thanks,
Phil

Phillio99 said:
Ahh thanks man, on the gasket thing, I meant to ask if it was possible to slip the gasket on with the lower pipe still installed. The return plenum is out as is the Supercharger and the inlet plenum but i haven't taken the lower intercoooler pipe out. Can i pull the IC studs move the pipe back a wee bit slip it on there then thread the IC studs back on? any other good ways to get that gasket on there?
Thanks,
Phil
If the upper IC pipe is disconnected and rubber baffle is all that the intercooler is hangin' on then just push the intercooler forward and slip the gasket in. While you're at it, be sure to use a light to peek into the upper tank and look to see if there's any stray dingleberries in there. They come from prior use of sillycone on the upper connection, it gets squeezed into the I.D. and sooner or later the BBs fall into the airstream and lodge in the upper tank.

'bird

Back