PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

chadder1313
01-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey guys just wondering about head gaskets. What will the car do when they are blown. Will it run fine with them being blown. The reason why im asking is because i have a antifreeze leak and im wondering if that might be a possible head gasket being blown. I dont think it is though because i can see it dripping from upper radiater housing on the engine. The car runs fine and does not overheat. The oil is fine no milky look or anything. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

ThunderDave
01-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Hey guys just wondering about head gaskets. What will the car do when they are blown. Will it run fine with them being blown. The reason why im asking is because i have a antifreeze leak and im wondering if that might be a possible head gasket being blown. I dont think it is though because i can see it dripping from upper radiater housing on the engine. The car runs fine and does not overheat. The oil is fine no milky look or anything. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Are you talking about the theromstat housing? If it's leaking from there, you probably need a new gasket on it and might as well replace the t-stat too if it the original. It doesn't sound like a head gasket problem.

chadder1313
01-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Yea the t-stat housing i think is leaking. I can see it dripping from there. Thanks for the help.