4.6L engine to M5R2 tranny adapter plate?

quick35th

Does anyone know if there is an adapter out there so that I can bolt a M5R2 up to a 4.6L engine? Or maybe a company that makes adapters so I can give them a ring and find out if they have what I need.

Shane

97 - up F-150 trucks with the 4.6 motor use a different version of the M5R2. If there's no aftermarket adapter out there, how about cutting the bellhousing portion of the case off a scrap F-Series trans, and fitting that to an SC M5R2 unit? Would take some doing for sure, but it may be easier than trying to make an adapter fit between a 4.6 block and the SC pattern bellhousing.

Or maybe it's easier to go with a T-45 ...

cheers,
Ed N.

Hmm. I thought I read of a company in one of the 5.0 magazines that made adapters for bellhousings. I guess I am going to have to go threw my collection of magazines and find the add.

Shane

McLeod builds bellhousing for quite a few different swaps.

Edit: McLeod is not spelled McCleod...I was just wasn't thinking.

Last edited:
quick35th said:
Hmm. I thought I read of a company in one of the 5.0 magazines that made adapters for bellhousings. I guess I am going to have to go threw my collection of magazines and find the add.

Shane

Was it Advance Adapters, maybe? I know they make some bellhousing adapters.

-Rod

racecougar said:
Was it Advance Adapters, maybe? I know they make some bellhousing adapters.

-Rod

Rod,

I cant remember but I am pretty sure that it was McCleod. That name rings a bell in my head.

Shane

KEP (Kenedy Engineering Products??) makes adpaters for all sorts of engine to whatever Tranny.... they'll even make yah a flywheel for it to if yah want i know they kinda lean towards Engine X mated to a VW Transaxle (aircooled) or Porsche Transaxles

Also Take one 4.6L F-series 5spd
Take one S/C 5spd.. Swap parts over to make it a tail shaft shifted tranny..

May not be EXACTLY easy.. but it has proven to have been done.. HOW no one knows for shure.. but there is a M5R2 tranny behind a 4.6L in a wrecker in Cali :)

Well I guess I am going to have to do some looking around and see what I can turn up. I am almost 100% sure that I am going to use a 03/04 Cobra motor if not a 99/01 Cobra motor with a blower in my 35th so I will need to find an adapter for sure.

Shane

AsScLoWn said:
I wouldnt worry, you're loaded to buy a late model Cobra engine with all electronics etc. Just buy a manual trans and try to hook it up, if not just send it out to a hot-rod shop like the ones on TV to have the custom fab work needed to finish it off :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7949223736&category=33615&sspagename=WDVW

Oh boy. Time to get the green backs out and purchase that motor off ebay. I wonder how much higher that auction will go for?

Shane

Back