Anyone with flowmaster exhaust, check this out!

platinum89sc

SC friends,

I am planning to put a flowmaster exhaust system on my car. But I am not sure which flowmaster resenator to use. I'm not really good with cars and i just want to make sure i get the right stuff. email me back at platinum89sc@hotmail.com...thanks.

Chris

Flowmaster force 2

I got Flowmaster Force 2 it comes with a Resenator its good
I switched to SCPI Big Dog is much better with Kooks long tube headers

Re: Flowmaster force 2

Jr.
So the flowmaster 2 exhaust system already comes with a resenator??? I did not know that. email me back asap
Jim Demmitt Jr said:
I got Flowmaster Force 2 it comes with a Resenator its good
I switched to SCPI Big Dog is much better with Kooks long tube headers

when you order the system it comes with 2 part numbers and
2 boxes--fl1500 ? something like that for the restonator kit
g/l

FLO-15100 is the resonator, and the year of your car depends on the cat back system number. 92-97 is FLO-17111 I believe.

I have the 92-97 kit in a box in my garage but I need to order the resonator still. I am not sure when I will do it but since my 92 5-speed needs a tranny rebuild the exhaust can wait. Plus I'm doing a little somthin' somthin' to my 90 while I have the motor in pieces.

no res

hey i have the flowmaster force 2. it was dads car before me and he took the stock res and had a peice of pipe welded on and mated it to the flowmaster cat back. when i got it i took it off and replaced it with the straight piece that came with the kit. I love the obnoxious sound it makes at about 2600 RPM. It is loud and powerfull sounding but still smooth. I would eliminate the resonator any day!!!

just my $.02

chris

i am running straight pipes into a force II kit w/ resonator, and it's awesome. because i have no cats, you get alot more sound at WOT, but it's still quiet at idle. great combo. get a resonator or you'll shoot yourself on the freeway
-matt

Bought two sets of Magnaflow cats for my 96 Dodge V10's last year. Blew them to hell in a few weeks. Hyped costly junk in my opinion.

I saw these as a new product. Unlike the 15100 resonator which is the dual in single out piece with the small inlets, the new resonators are individual pieces with many inlet/outlet sizes available. My thoughts were that this would reduce the restriction on a hopped up SC. The 2.25" inlets of the 15100 may be two restrictive.

I have a 92 SC. Currently the car has a K&N filter, Superchip and underdrives. The first two came with the car.

I have purchased a brand new rectangular port M90 with inlet, a %10 underdrive blower pulley, a 75 mm BBK TB, a 75 mm Pro-M MAF calibrated for 36 lb injectors and an 80 mm C&L also for 36's, 36 pound injectors and Mustang tube steel manifolds.

Still looking for the rest of the exhaust, some sort of CAI, a Magnum Powers style raised top, possible a double intercooler and roller rockers (1.8's most likely).

On the topic, just swapped belts yesterday and found that it already has a %10 overdrive on it. Every once in awhile it pings hardcore. Wondering if the chip and pulley combined are not causing the problem. Exhaust is tired and one of the mufflers just created a new exit for itself a few days ago.

Flex said:
Bought two sets of Magnaflow cats for my 96 Dodge V10's last year. Blew them to hell in a few weeks. Hyped costly junk in my opinion.

one of my carsound magnaflow cats broke within a month or two of the install it was rattling for a week so I bought a new one waited for it to come in the mail and guess what it got clogged and blew a headgasket for me. I started it to go to get the cat fixed and it blew right as i went to get it fixed

Damn that sucks bro. I have no use for Magnaflow. Four cats gone is less than a month. Fortunately we do not have to run them here yet so I will abstain on the SC and just run resonators.

Back