Getting wheels off

Ia92SUPRCUPE

When I bought my SC there wasnt a key included to get the wheel lock off, so i cant get my wheels off. . . can i buy one of these at a parts store, or do i have to order one from ford? :(
thanks in advance

i went to the dealer and left him my license while i borrowed the set for an hour. i had to speak with the service guy.

Ia92SUPRCUPE said:
When I bought my SC there wasnt a key included to get the wheel lock off, so i cant get my wheels off. . . can i buy one of these at a parts store, or do i have to order one from ford? :(
thanks in advance

I lost my key shortly after buying the car. Not sure where it ended up, but I still haven't found it. I just used a impact socket that I hammered onto the locks and spun them off with a breaker bar and ratchet.

When I had that problem I just used a 7/8 Craftsman 12 point wrench. The box end of the wrench barely slid over the lock. Then I pulled outward on the open end of the wrench kind of wedging the box end on the lock and turned it off. Know what I mean?

i ended up doing the same as HSKR to get mine off and then threw the damn things as far as i could.

there might be a part number on the back of the spare tire cover, if not hammer on deep sockets, if ones just a little wee bit loose stick a nail in there and keep hammering, then turn. If this doesnt work get a bolt welded on, if that doesnt work cut off the knuckles with a reciprocating saw including any/all suspension parts such as springs/shocks, rack & peanut steering system and replace with new, if not, buy those parts from the wrecker

The simplest way is to call your local Ford dealers until you find one that has a master set. That takes about 5 minutes. Go to that dealer and they'll figure out which key you need. About $10 and 10 days later they'll have your new key. If you're just wanting to get rid of the locks, hand the service guy $10 and ask if you can use the master to loosen up the locks. Then, buy new lugs. No beating sockets onto the keys, buying special tools, welding, sawing, hammering, etc...

Once you match the code at the dealer you can buy them from McGard (you might also look in the trunk, where the spare & jack are located because quite offen the little McGard information envelope is left there). I wonder if it's worth it though, because unless you have Cobra wheels, who is gonna steal 'em.

lock nuts

so i can buy a new one through a ford dealer for around $10? Thats better than $50 that i heard it cost. And once i get those off, i can just buy new lug nuts from any auto store and just lose the locks?
thanks

Back