brake light coming on again after accumulator install.

TrippyZippy

Hi guys.

I just put in a new accumulator from Prior Reman. It's great except for it does not have a 8mm allen hole on top of it.

well I took the bad one out and installed this one. I actually have brakes now hehehe (woop woop) and I'm happy. but now a week later I am getting the red brake light on the gage to come one for 3 seconds after accellerating from some stop lights? :( I was wondering if any of you guys knew what could be causing that. I will completely drain my fluid and replenish with new on all 4 wheels and see if it happens again.

Also, If any of you guys know what the proper fluid drainage procedure is with this ABS system I would appreciate it.
{eg. Do I have to have the motor on or the key on for the accumulator to be active while I drain the fluid or not???}

something similar happened to me a while ago. I was stupid to just let the abs/brake lights just come on. As long as i had breaks it was ok...but one day they went out on me. I thought it would be a simple accumulator replacement, but it wasnt. Although after I replaced the accumulator i did get my brakes back for a while, it ended up being the pressure switch. After replacing that, my brakes are functioning great. Just try dignosing ur system piece per piece. Make sure the hydraulic pump is working, the relay, etc. and since u already replaced ur accumulator...u have one less thing to check! Hope it helps!

brakes

Well trippy I went threw the same thing changed the relay and that worked for a few days then the accumulator and thaat worked for about 2 weeks.So I just ordered the hole pump and pressure switch so it should be here tuesday I will send you a email if it works.And if you want to try a relay I will sent it up to you are meet you in Tacoma and give it to you.

How dumb! now that i remember Miles could be right. I guess i just didnt read ur original post right. I've heard a few people get the brake light after stopping at a light or stop sign. Thats because when accelerating..specially if u have a heavy foot...the brake fluid moves around and if you have low fluid u'll get the light, but once u start cruising the level stabilizes so it goes away. So before u do anything or buy anything, try adding some fluid. and make sure ur checking ur level the right way...it took me a while to actually start checking the brake fluid level the right way after i bought my SC back in 98.

hey was that your 35th i saw outside the Godfathers on central in kent last monday? i was there with my family but i wasnt sure if it was your or not. take it easy

Thanks guys.

thanks for the info guys. I'll try everything you all suggested!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for helping Miles, I like your new handle heheh.

Catwithboost- is that you Brian & Angie??? what's up guys. My fluid is at the line so I hope it's not what you said. But in all honesty, I should just buy the whole unit for peace of mind. I gotta save more money to fix that thing then. Also, I might contact you about where you got your police tranny and your motormounts installed in a couple of months.

Hey Nick. Yea that was me, My son had a baseball trophy party there you probably noticed. ;) I thought that was you but I couldn't tell fer sure. I thought you didn't wear glasses and were taller LOL. hehehe. j/k. Actually I didn't wanna bother you and your family and look like a jerk if it wasn't you. Take it easy brotha.

ok

Ya it is me Brian.I found a Guy that does a better tranny job and for a hole lot cheaper he has his own shop ex dealership guy that got tired of people getting ripped off.Later....

same here didnt want to bust in on the baseball deal and i wasnt sure if it was you. well enjoy the summer and get your car working.

Back