Motor Mounts... Finally! Dammit!

darkstar_one

Hey,

Okay, it seems its time to change my motor mounts... well... i have the CHILTON MANUAL, but have no clue were to look for to do the engine mounts... Here is the thing... i have a engine crane to lift the engine... since i am gonna pull the engine... i might *** well replace the seal on the oil pan... and replace my exhaust manifolds with these ones that i ported to exagerated proportions... or whatever the hell i meant... well anywho... anyone wanna show me what page to look for in the CHILTON MANUAL... or a thread on here... maybe something in the MEMBERS ONLY section? thanx... or can somebody give me a step by step lil lecture here. anything would be gladly appreciated...

darkstar_one said:
Hey,

Okay, it seems its time to change my motor mounts... well... i have the CHILTON MANUAL, but have no clue were to look for to do the engine mounts... Here is the thing... i have a engine crane to lift the engine... since i am gonna pull the engine... i might *** well replace the seal on the oil pan... and replace my exhaust manifolds with these ones that i ported to exagerated proportions... or whatever the hell i meant... well anywho... anyone wanna show me what page to look for in the CHILTON MANUAL... or a thread on here... maybe something in the MEMBERS ONLY section? thanx... or can somebody give me a step by step lil lecture here. anything would be gladly appreciated...
if you do a search, someone posted a bolt by bolt description of how to do it. people do it differently than others. it's all about what you NEED to remove and what you don't to get to them.

Whew. I'd list the steps, but with all the threads about it, probably easiest just to do a forum search on "motor mount replace". More info than you'll probably want. :cool:

Back