SC Probs

SCedTBird

Im having problems with my car.. first problem is my car all of a sudden has a weird idle kinda like high and low and i believe it has lost some power.... i 2wks ago changed to bosch plat plugs and bosch wires i dunno what the problem is... and second problem is i hear like a weird screeching noise from my car dunno yet where its coming from... and also now dunno whats up with my brakes but i have to push the pedal to the floor to get the car to stop and sometimes pump it.. any answers to any of my probs will be appreciated thanks guys...

Well, in the past 2 days I have never read more posts about BOSCH=BAD FOR OUR CARS! Don't know why, but it appears that Bosch plugs just don't work well with our cars. I'm sure someone will also agree with me, for I am simply telling you what I have read.

bosch sucks

hey ive tried all different plug brands and heat ranges for experimental purposes. Boschs are the worst available. they only work in german cars. even though they are gm plugs i have had great luck with the AC rapid fires. they are non platinum so u dont have to worry about the discs breaking off under extreme pressure. also the motorcraft platinums and the Autolite Double Platinums are ok. but which ever you decide to go with, id go like a heat range colder than stock.
im not sure what the noise is becuaus you didnt get very descriptive but as far as the brakes, it sounds as though there is air in the lines. Either the brakes need to be bled or you need to see if the master cylender is bad.

chris

Hello. Definately do not use the Bosch plugs. If I recall correctly, the tip of Bosch plugs is smaller than others, and the electrode wears very quickly in the supercharged engine causing the symptoms you described shortly after installation. Use Motorcraft or Autolite plugs, I have repeatedly heard Motorcraft to be the best available for these cars. Use Motorcraft wires, there is another type but the name eludes me, it is late here. I believe it is Magnacore. This should solve your trouble. As far as the screeching, the fact that you mention this and brake problems in the same sentence undoubtebly leads me to believe the screeching is caused by the brakes. Perhaps your pads are completley warn, and the shoes are scraping against the rotors. This, or something similar in the brake components would cause a poor braking condition.

Back