What is this sensor...PIC...

Bigme574

Can this sensor be causing hesitation at boost? Is my BAP a culprit for the hesitation? Any ideas, I have been through every other sensor. Ohhh, this came off of an 89 SC and it was attatched to a hose coming off of my EGR pipe. I replaced all EGR components but this one, and I am not sure what it is.

Aaron

Attachments

• EGR.JPG
    EGR.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 156
sorry

My vote is for restricted exhaust system, and possibly a locked up TCC.

Ooops, this got sent to the wrong thread. Had two open windows and for posting and got mixed up... what's new...:eek:)

Last edited:
exhaust

My exhaust is brand new...high flow cats from scp, magnaflow resonator...no mufflers. So I would assume the exhaust is not restricted.

I have a 5-speed, so I guess the TCC is out of the question.

Aaron

Last edited:
I agree that it's your EGR transducer or sensor - earlier models just had the one vacuum hose like the picture. However, if it was acting up you should be getting a check engine light or at least a code recorded in your EEC memory. When mine went bad (94 model with the twin hose transducer)I have to say it didn't really affect performance, just kept getting a CEL as soon as I accellerated.

For hesitation my guess would be bad spark plugs or wires but that should be more seen at higher rpm as well. My next would be fuel filter or regulator. if one of them is dirty or notworking right it might be starving your motor.

My car was jerking like crazy every time the boost hit. I couldn't drive in the boost at all. I changed the plugs and wires on the driver's bank, and it went away.

Plugs

Well the reason I ask is because I have already done: Plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, tested a different DIS with no luck, air filter, cam and crank sensors...all within the last 2000 miles. SOOO...aside from any of those...any ideas? Can O2 sensors cause this kind of reaction?

Aaron ---whoops, was on my buddies name...

Back