PDA

View Full Version : ? about the Throttle Position Sensor!

Lawson4x454
01-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Is their a trick to installing a new throttle positioning sensor? I replaced mine and also replaced the O2 sensors and the "distributor" or what ever the fancy name is for it. But now my car won;t run at all. What did I do wrong? Thanks for your help!

Scour_king
01-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Are you maybe talking about the cam sensor that sits up front where a distributor would sit on an older motor. If you are there is a way to set it correctly and if you dont the car wont run.

Lawson4x454
01-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Are you maybe talking about the cam sensor that sits up front where a distributor would sit on an older motor. If you are there is a way to set it correctly and if you dont the car wont run.

How do I set it correctly?

joenintiesc
01-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Actually, if all you did was replace the cam position sensor itself (the small round cap that is held in my 2 screws), you do not need to "set it correctly" - it just screws right in...

What exactly is the problem? What makes you think the tps is the culprit? It's always good to provide as many details and specifics as possible when asking for help troubleshooting a problem...

Lawson4x454
01-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Actually, if all you did was replace the cam position sensor itself (the small round cap that is held in my 2 screws), you do not need to "set it correctly" - it just screws right in...

What exactly is the problem? What makes you think the tps is the culprit? It's always good to provide as many details and specifics as possible when asking for help troubleshooting a problem...

I replaced the whole thing. Shaft and all. I stabed it back it and called it good. I thought it did the timing itself. What can I do to fix the fact that it won;t start now? Thanks for the help.

ThunderDave
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
I replaced the whole thing. Shaft and all. I stabed it back it and called it good. I thought it did the timing itself. What can I do to fix the fact that it won;t start now? Thanks for the help.

There is a way to set them and a special tool to do it.
You can do a search for the procedure for installing it if someone doesn't post it.

joenintiesc
01-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, if you took the whole thing out, read here and you will have to "set it correctly" just as Scour_king advised!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46483