PDA

View Full Version : We Have A 11sec. Super Coupe!!!!!!

Dick Adams
06-30-2002, 07:45 PM
Just got back from Fun Ford Weekend in Richmond Va. Coy Miller was there yesterday and today. Made 5 different runs in the elevens. The quickest was a 11.64 @ 117.24 MPH. Witnessed by the former Prez. Bill Hull, The Judge and Judge Judy. Coy said he will be sending the timeslip to Ron next week. You guys should hear the blower on this car. He was running beside a open exhaust Mustang and you could hear the blower over the Mustang. This is one bad to the bone SC.

onequiksc
06-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Speed and humility are a rare combination. :)

Deep6
06-30-2002, 08:02 PM
Did coy run in the same car that ran the low 12? Or was it a completely different car with different setup and or traction mods?

I know when you get down into times like that, traction can become a real issue....

Tazer999
06-30-2002, 08:04 PM
w00t, go Coy

Dick Adams
06-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Dan,
You are right my friend. Coy is so humble that he didn't want to post his time because he was afraid people would think he was bragging.
I learned years ago that "If you CAN do it, then it ain't bragging".
Coy did it!!
Dick

Dick Adams
06-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Same car he ran the low 12's in last year. This is the silver car Bill Hull started and then sold to Coy. Also the thing weighed over 4100 lbs. with Coy in it. It is still completly street legal and was run through the mufflers. Any more info. will have to come from Coy, cause this is all I know.

Back n black bird
06-30-2002, 08:58 PM
hmm we should get a video of one of his runs i wanna hear that blower whine! but yea hmm gunna have to think about ordering a motor :) then i can eat Mustangs all day long, way to go Coy!:D

89BlownBrd
06-30-2002, 09:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but this just makes my day knowing that Coy got there before the "ARMY of one"....he deserves it. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Tony
06-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Do you know if this was caught on video? I would love to see it! Was the 12 sec run caught on video?

93 Mark VIII
06-30-2002, 09:08 PM
sounds great! Any idea if he was still using an eaton M90?

fred 4 pt 3
06-30-2002, 09:19 PM
Nice work, team CMRE !!

V8Supercoupe
06-30-2002, 09:27 PM
I must say.........
Congrats to Coy miller....!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Skip

mannysc
06-30-2002, 10:04 PM
WAY TO GO and firmly in the 11s ........coy has once again proven he is a true master of the sc,,, Im hopeing to see a few more sc,s in the 11s soon , lead the way and they will follow!!!!!way to go fearless leader...I now bow to the king...11s cool cool cool !!!!!

Scott Long
06-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Hell Yeah, thats what I'm talking about, I'm drunk right now but I'm happy to read this, yeah!!!!!! :D

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-30-2002, 11:02 PM
Sorry I dont belive this guy show proof first
To run 11.64et it has to be on NOS.

I am going to do it with no NOS dont forget its not over by a long shot if this is proven true but I dont think it is

John Shelton
06-30-2002, 11:14 PM
That is so AMAZING!

Who would have ever thought that these things could get that quick?

BlackAnSC
06-30-2002, 11:15 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHA

Dumnit is SUCH A BIIIITCH!!!!!!

Hahaha, wow, when he woke up this morning i bet he wasnt ready for that kick to the balls. "Army of Dumb"

curse
06-30-2002, 11:17 PM
wow way to go Coy all i can say brings new light to my sc

SUMFEAR
06-30-2002, 11:24 PM
Wow, 4100 lbs with a V6 into the elevens. That's wild. Nice to see some people just do it insead of talking about it with the car still in pieces.

Thomas A
06-30-2002, 11:24 PM
WOW! I wondering what kind of numbers he'd make on the Dyno.......VERY COOL!

Thomas

Mike Manzo
06-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Could you imagine what that car would run if it didnt weigh over 4000lbs (with driver)?

Imagine that setup in a stripped down Mustang.
(now I know why he wasnt at the shop when I called..ha ha ha)

I must say if there is a person that doesnt brag, it's him. I do know one thing, unless he changed his mind, 11 seconds was his goal and there it will stop with the SC. Maybe he will reconsider with the latest event, but who knows.

Keep in mind that this man also builds big-block race motors and other race cars. He is used to going fast, I guess...

Maybe not with room for 5, trunk space and a stereo...

By the way, Mr Demmitt, as far as I know from the last I spoke with Coy which was about a week ago, there was NO N02 on that car. Only all the CMRE engine work, Magnum Powers bolt ons and some other goodies that are all available to each and every one of us.

Unless he changed his mind, there isnt any spray on that car and on top of that, there really wasnt any suspension modifications either.

89BlownBrd
07-01-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Jim Demmitt Jr

I am going to do it with no NOS dont forget its not over by a long shot if this is proven true but I dont think it is

Oh my god this can not be serious!!!! You are such a whiny little b!tch!!! When has Coy ever run his mouth without proof......when has Coy ever run his mouth period??? I think the fact that it was witnessed by several people in very high standings with this club speaks for itself, but the fact that you doubt it is unbelievable. And if the only way it could be done is with N20 (not NOS, that is a company, not the nitrous itself, but I really don't expect you to know that), then how are you going to do it (which you're not) without it? Do you really think that no one else knows these cars better than you and that you're the only one that could do it w/o nitrous. Your screen name should be changed to something like hammer or screwdriver because you are such a tool.

Bill McNeil
07-01-2002, 12:43 AM
Jim,

As Dick was saying, they will be submitting the timeslip ASAP. Also, according to the SCCOA fastest list rules, as long as an SCCOA member witnesses the run, it counts for the list. Also, I'm sure there was more than one witness, unless he made the run in his own backyard? :rolleyes:

Tazer999
07-01-2002, 12:49 AM
Bwahaha, now Jim is going to have to change his sig for him being the first to 10's, :D

trailboss004
07-01-2002, 02:52 AM
If his car HAS to have "NOS" to run 11s, how do you plan to do it without it?

KwikGSeX
07-01-2002, 04:47 AM
I saw Coy's car at Carlisle this year and i can verify that he had no Nitrous hooked up ANYWHERE on his motor.. And since he clicked off 400RWHP this year without the juice then that 11.64@117 is 100% believable.. I can only imagine what that car would run if he DID spray.. Do i hear 10.50's anyone? Full bodied street legal 4100lb SC :) Then gut the bitch with a tub out back ands some weight saving issues and you could easily see a lo 10 sec SC.. Damn.. Coy get to work man!!! LoL

MKTSC
07-01-2002, 08:44 AM
that's f'n amazing. way to go coy, you deserve it.
-matt

David Neibert
07-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Sorry I dont belive this guy

Jim, you have reached a new low.

Dick Adams has been around the SCCoA from it's inception and has a reputation for being honest and direct. Are you truely that ignorant ?

I think an apology is in order.

David

PS: Congrats to Coy and company.

cheeriosluvr
07-01-2002, 10:43 AM
i also saw coys car at carlise and saw no NOS...
400rwhp is very believeable to see a 11sec time.

Way to go

Todd

SuperCoupe
07-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Jim Demmitt Jr

Are you serious? If Coy Miller ran an 11.64 with nobody there but him, I would believe him. These are "stand up guys" and I think you can tell by the reaction of the majority here that none of us have any doubts about the validity of the runs. It also says the time slip is on it's way....which I also believe. I've stood up for you in the past, but I'm with Coy, and Dick on this one, and IMHO an apology is in order.
I didn't see anyone saying "Beat that" either....nobody issued any challange here. And you wonder why people give you such a hard time. Another point is that if Dick Adams didn't post this, I highly doubt that Coy would have. All his talking is done by his work, and his car speaks volumes at the track. He has proven himself over in the past, never bragging to anyone, not once. I can't beleive you wouldn't say something like"Congrats Coy....hopefully I'll run 11's soon." But either you just don't know who Coy Miller is, or ______ _____ ____ (fill in the blanks).
:rolleyes:
Way to go Coy....you ARE the man!
-Jeff
:D

mannysc
07-01-2002, 11:27 AM
COY DIDNT POST IT and second he has never said a word about you on this topic that I know of why knock the man he has done a real good job here 11s,,,,,, damn good job,,,, jim its not a attack on you its a attack on the 11s and he won im proud that he did it ......Im not doubting your crews talet but give coy and cmre their due great job!!!!!!

al35thsc
07-01-2002, 01:44 PM
congratumalations to coy miller and the cmre crew. any word on wether or not he is interested in spraying nos (hehehehe, u know i mean NO2) and get into the 10's???

al

ps you know saying NOS to refer to NO2 is the same thing as calling every portable am/fm cassete player a "Walkman" and refering to diapers as pampers....its just a missused term.

danekejt
07-01-2002, 01:46 PM
congrats coy. i saw you run at carlisle and i have no doubt you posted that run. i checked out the car while you were in the pits and that is one cool bird. Now only if i could afford a motor. congrats again you deserve it. you have worked hard for it. you are the true example of how intelligant the guys are on this page.

JD
91sc

HBK94SC
07-01-2002, 03:21 PM
Congratulations to Coy Miller. A very fine job to be the FIRST Super Coupe to reach the 11's. I do have one question though. Did he retain the IRS or was this run on a solid axel. I can't wait to tell my Mustang friends of this triumph. Again congratulations.

Tazer999
07-01-2002, 03:28 PM
Actually he isn't the first to reach 11's, but he is the first to reach the time he got

V6Sprout
07-01-2002, 03:56 PM
I heard about this today, way to go Coy awesome job! I wanna see some video though, I wish I could have seen it in person, but video would be just aas cool, I didnn't bother reading the entire post on this so I am not sure if someone posted whether there was video or not, I'm lazy today :)

Jimmy 2Coupes
07-01-2002, 04:00 PM
DAMMM, congrats to Coy Miller. Mid 11's in a 4100 pound SC with an SC motor (even though it is built to the hilt) is quite a feet. It looks like Coy just raised the bar a notch or two.

Paul93SC
07-01-2002, 04:01 PM
OK, so if Jim doesn't believe it, that's fine. He was only expressing HIS opinion. Let's take this for what it's worth: Coy has a solid reputation among literally 1000's of SC'ers... I'd certainly take his word for it WITHOUT a timeslip, as I bet most people would. Enough said!

Coy, congratulations on your run! It's quite an accomplishment. You are an inspiration to us all!

That must have been fun to watch him run Dick... BTW, how is Bill Hull doing these days?

MKTSC
07-01-2002, 04:04 PM
HBK, he was running the IRS i beleive. there was a post on TBSCEC about it.
-matt

KwikGSeX
07-01-2002, 06:47 PM
If that car had a solid axle it wouldnt weigh in at 4100lbs.. remeber one of the reasons the MN12 weighs so much is BECAUSE of the IRS and its stupid cast iron control arms and such.. If Coy's SC had a solid axle with some serious dieting it could very well be an 11.0 car if not quicker.. As it is the 117mph trap says it can clear 11.40's with optimal traction.. Way to go Coy.. Its about time all the hard work on that car paid off..

XxSlowpokexX
07-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Id be happy to be in the 12's":O)~

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Congradulations to Coy Miller
I put a special post up on Non-Tech

11.64et nice job we are going for number 2 in the world of SC's 2nd SC to run deep into the 11's

I dident have all the fact in place before sorry Dick Adams and Coy Miller very nice job cant wait to see the time slip

Now quest for number 2 in the world of SC's