Fiberglass guage panels

suprkoop

Does anyone have any interest in fiberglass guage pods that hold 4 guages for Tbird SC's ? Custom molded and painted to match your interior- pod includes the whole A pillar panel from the dash to the rear interior panel. Cost would be around 170.00 plus shipping.Finish is PERFECT-will have the grain of plastic so as to look as OEM as possible. Group purchase of 10 would discount it by $15.00 a unit. Email me or PM me with any more questions. Other custom interior parts, underhood parts such as custom aluminum overflow tanks and fiberglass sub enclosures coming real soon. Stay tuned. Feel free to throw out some ideas about other fiberglass or REAL carbon fiber parts that you would like to see.

I gotta say, I've been too lazy to do it, but I'd like to see an instrument cluster that has been changed over to accomodate real gauges. Like seeing the Fuel, Boost, Temp & Oil Pressure all replaced with like AutoMeters that fit. And maybe if there out there, same size Speed & Tach's. .. I've seen them posted "in the works" pictures, but none done. That would be a really cool cluster to purchase. Maybe offer the cluster with the gauge's wanted. Like I would change my oil pressure over to trans temp. ... That could be a neat idea for someone to build & sell.

Roll it around & see what you can come up with.
Anthony

SilverCasket said:
I gotta say, I've been too lazy to do it, but I'd like to see an instrument cluster that has been changed over to accomodate real gauges. Like seeing the Fuel, Boost, Temp & Oil Pressure all replaced with like AutoMeters that fit. And maybe if there out there, same size Speed & Tach's. .. I've seen them posted "in the works" pictures, but none done. That would be a really cool cluster to purchase. Maybe offer the cluster with the gauge's wanted. Like I would change my oil pressure over to trans temp. ... That could be a neat idea for someone to build & sell.

Roll it around & see what you can come up with.
Anthony
I am actually in the process of building an entire custom fiberglass dash ,as well as a bunch of interior parts.I was thinking of offering a fiberglass dash that would be a complete replica of our dash now but with a twist-I am trying to divise a way that anyone could pick from different "optional" insert panels that could house a variety of different guage configurations as well as audio options such as dash speakers,center channel and so on.Possibly even offer it with guages or other electronics(ie-flush mounted lcd monitors-mine is getting 3 with one being a 12" touch screen PC)Obviously not a "cheap" option,but it would be all fiberglass with some aluminum "skeleton" so it would save ALOT of weight-and would be totally custom to each customers specs. And have you ever lifted one of those factory dashboards?HEAVY. But it is all in the works-my dash comes first :D

That sounds like a nice addition to a strip racer. I wouldn't have a use for one, but it sounds like some on here would. .. Good luck. Let me know if you think about the cluster panel w/real gauges.

Anthony

SilverCasket said:
That sounds like a nice addition to a strip racer. I wouldn't have a use for one, but it sounds like some on here would. .. Good luck. Let me know if you think about the cluster panel w/real gauges.

Anthony
I could certainly do something for you if you can me more specifics of what you are looking for.Are you looking for something that would directly replace the stock cluster with aftermarket guages?Something that is prewired for the car with guages installed? If so,what guages would you want-I have access to a few different brands(Autometer,VDO,Greddy so on) Let me know,I'll see what I can come up with for ideas for you.

Now your talking. .. A direct replacement for the stock cluster would be great. But with Autometer's in their place. .... Boost in the same place, Fuel in the same place, Coolant Temp in the same place, And Trans Temp in the place of the oil pressure. ... Then the speedo & tach in the same place. .... But all with Autometer's would look pretty cool!

Take a look at this attachment that Paul put up one time. .. It's like a half way of what I am looking for. Let me know what you think. Or PM me if you want my number to talk about it. ... I know quite a few that would be interested in this as well. Perhaps not the same guages I want, but a setup just like it.

Anthony

Attachments

• gaugeclusters.jpg
    gaugeclusters.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 244
Back