Head gasket solution

dirtybird x

OK.The only real problem that cant seem to be tackled is the head gaskets,right?No matter what you do,if you try to boost too much,POP!!Well,my brother spoke to one of the tech's at Cometic Gasket today,and the tech told him that if he can get at least 50 people to go in,Cometic would start making their multi-layer steel head gaskets for the S/C.The reason for the group thing is for it to be cost effective for them to re-tool the machines and go through the design phase,it would have to be more than a few sets to be made.Then once thats done,they would be available from then on.He was told that the gaskets would run about 150.00 a set,but if you think about it,it'd be cheaper for that (not to mention EASIER) than to pull the heads all the damn time.
Post all replies under this thread,my e-mail's messed up.For those who dont know,go to cometic.com and check out their stuff.My brother has used their stuff on imports many times,those gaskets eat boost up,he cant say enough about them.
Thanx 4 the space.

Gaskets

dirtybird x said:
OK.The only real problem that cant seem to be tackled is the head gaskets,right?No matter what you do,if you try to boost too much,POP!!Well,my brother spoke to one of the tech's at Cometic Gasket today,and the tech told him that if he can get at least 50 people to go in,Cometic would start making their multi-layer steel head gaskets for the S/C.The reason for the group thing is for it to be cost effective for them to re-tool the machines and go through the design phase,it would have to be more than a few sets to be made.Then once thats done,they would be available from then on.He was told that the gaskets would run about 150.00 a set,but if you think about it,it'd be cheaper for that (not to mention EASIER) than to pull the heads all the damn time.
Post all replies under this thread,my e-mail's messed up.For those who dont know,go to cometic.com and check out their stuff.My brother has used their stuff on imports many times,those gaskets eat boost up,he cant say enough about them.
Thanx 4 the space.
I THOUGHT THE 4.2 S.S. ARE THE ANSWER

MagpoweredSC said:
i'd be interested in a set if they work without having to deck the block

i'm sure they would as long as the block and heads are within reason,so think it over cuz we need commitment and a deposit,and cometic is a reputable company so no danger of getting screwed

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Miek had mentioned this a week or so ago..How many people are calling about these? geesh haha

ive had a few hits,like i said,im just tryin to solve the last problem with these cars without having to start changing motors and all kind of stupid ****,if we can get cometic to make these gaskets,every 1 would be straight,ya know?

jordansypek said:
money in hand, that's all im saying.

There is a poll in the polls forum for you to show your interest. And the main thread is in the link I posted above regarding the gaskets. At least the main thread that's been getting activity.

Back