PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Position Sensor and Cam Sensor\Distributor

Lawson4x454
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
I replaced my throttle position sensor and the cam sensor/distributor. Now my car won;t start. It acts like the timing is off. The car ran before the repairs. Everything is hooked up as it should be. Why won;t it start? Is their a special way to intalll the throttle position sensor or the cam sensor/distributor? I just put the throttle position sensor right on like the old on cam off and I just stabed the new cam sensor back in the hole (came new as one piece shaft and sensor assembled). I thought the computer did the timing. Am I correct? What could I have done wrong? Could something else have gone out from these new parts being installed? As I said before it seems like the timing is way off now. I need help. This is my only car. Thanks again!

Mike8675309
01-25-2005, 10:56 PM
The sensor came with a new cup and shaft?

See this thread for info on positioning the vane to set the proper base timing.

The EEC simply adjusts from base. You have to set the sensor vane properly before you bolt down the sensor to ensure base timing is at 10degrees BTC.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56989

wezar
01-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Check this thread it has pictures. You have to pull the cam synchronizer assembly back out and take the cover off. Then follow the directions in this link.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40905&page=1&pp=15

I know you don't want to hear it but you need to read on a procedure you have not performed before. It will save you a lot of time.

Good Luck

Jake
01-25-2005, 11:24 PM
if you're talking about the $25 dollar cam sensor I put mine in without setting any vane, maybe I just got lucky. I think it was 2 screws seemed pretty easy to me but it's been almost 2 years ago.

wezar
01-25-2005, 11:28 PM
if you're talking about the $25 dollar cam sensor I put mine in without setting any vane, maybe I just got lucky. I think it was 2 screws seemed pretty easy to me but it's been almost 2 years ago.

He put in a replacement assembly without putting it back in the same location. 26 degrees ATDC. Look at the other thread it has a nice link to instructions.