Throttle Position Sensor and Cam Sensor\Distributor

Lawson4x454

I replaced my throttle position sensor and the cam sensor/distributor. Now my car won;t start. It acts like the timing is off. The car ran before the repairs. Everything is hooked up as it should be. Why won;t it start? Is their a special way to intalll the throttle position sensor or the cam sensor/distributor? I just put the throttle position sensor right on like the old on cam off and I just stabed the new cam sensor back in the hole (came new as one piece shaft and sensor assembled). I thought the computer did the timing. Am I correct? What could I have done wrong? Could something else have gone out from these new parts being installed? As I said before it seems like the timing is way off now. I need help. This is my only car. Thanks again!

if you're talking about the $25 dollar cam sensor I put mine in without setting any vane, maybe I just got lucky. I think it was 2 screws seemed pretty easy to me but it's been almost 2 years ago.

Jake said:
if you're talking about the $25 dollar cam sensor I put mine in without setting any vane, maybe I just got lucky. I think it was 2 screws seemed pretty easy to me but it's been almost 2 years ago.

He put in a replacement assembly without putting it back in the same location. 26 degrees ATDC. Look at the other thread it has a nice link to instructions.

Back