a/c Deletion

ARV90SC

I want to delete the a/c but still have a pulley. i bought the SCI a/c pulley but i don't know going about installing it. I heard there was a deletion kit for the mustangs, wondering if it would work with the SCI pulley, or whats my best route?

try a search, but IMO i would just not have a pulley at all, and run it over the tensioner and along the driversside of the water pump, that way its easier to work on things, and it looks a lil cleaner without that belt going everywhere

re:

well i did a search and came up that i need a bracket to make the pulley from SCI work, sorta like this, i actually like the look of the pulley, so i dont want to lose it.I heard ryan up here in canada was making a bracket, or can be bought? what i need is the bracket
ac2.jpg

I have that bracket, what I did was had a custom bushing machined that allowed me to put the stock 8 rib a/c pulley on the a/c delete bracket. Its for sale if your interested, just pm me. :)

re:

super red91 said:
I have that bracket, what I did was had a custom bushing machined that allowed me to put the stock 8 rib a/c pulley on the a/c delete bracket. Its for sale if your interested, just pm me. :)

well i wont be using the stock A/c pulley, ill be using the pulley from SCI, will it still work?

ARV90SC said:
well i wont be using the stock A/c pulley, ill be using the pulley from SCI, will it still work?
Yes it will work. SCI's pulley is designed to work with the stock AC delete pulley bracket.

I just heard that the A/C delete bracket is availible from ford, is this true? anyone have a part number?

You can get it from ford, but I had to weld some aluminum on the back bolt so the hole could be extended further back. For some reason the holes dont line up exactly.

A shorter belt is cheaper than pullies ,brackets ,ect.
Just throw that pulley in the weeds.And install a
shorter belt.

You can find posts here that has pictures and an explanation
on how to run a shorter belt.

You will end up with a tad more horse power & fuel milage,
and less money to delete the A/C.

Randy

what is the purpose of deleting ac ?
save 10 lbs?

hp none to save a ac unit draws no hp when not in use.
so you remove it and condensor ac lines save 20 lbs big deal on a 4,000 car,

seems like a lot of work for 20 lbs. and cost$$$

is this on a race car? :cool:

Darn, thats an old pic of my car.....wait thats not my car, :rolleyes:

I have the ford bracket part # at home. I'll reply to your pm with it for you later tonight.

Whats the piont of deleting the A/C? Personal opinion I guess. It does save more than 10 LBs, its more like 15 or so. I do see your piont of cost over gains. But guys buy those AL P/S pullies for the same reason. Once you remove your compressor, and if you have a stock rad, you gain more air flow to that weak link. Plus the IC can see more air. You can keep your stock belt, no need to drop the lower rad to losse your coolant, and then fill it back it up. Frees up more room to get at your plugs a little better. If you have an old car, the A/C most likely will be shot, so you pay the BIG bucks to change over to the newer stuff.

Now on the cheaper side, as Randy has siad, you can just remove that A/C and buy the shorter belt, route it a little different than stock, and your done.

Its all personal opinion. :)

re:

i was taking out the condensor anyways because of the MP FMIC, i like the look of the deletion bracket, ive seen guys who have ran the shorter belt, i think it looks weird, and i already bought the pulley awhile ago, so im going this route

Ryan makes some nice products for are cars.If you have his pulley, I would use it.

Randy

Manny I am not going to say anything. :confused:

Last edited:
mannysc said:
what is the purpose of deleting ac ?
save 10 lbs?

hp none to save a ac unit draws no hp when not in use.
so you remove it and condensor ac lines save 20 lbs big deal on a 4,000 car,

seems like a lot of work for 20 lbs. and cost$$$

is this on a race car? :cool:

It still has to constantly turn the rotor pump inside the a/c compressor which eats up horse power even when not on. The advantages i saw with it were better cooling by removing the a/c condenser, the weight off the front end, and by removing the whole a/c kit the car is a helluva lot easier to work on.
The cost is small, like 30-40 bucks for a belt, so in my opinion the ends justify the means.

Mark

MagpoweredSC said:
It still has to constantly turn the rotor pump inside the a/c compressor which eats up horse power even when not on. The advantages i saw with it were better cooling by removing the a/c condenser, the weight off the front end, and by removing the whole a/c kit the car is a helluva lot easier to work on.
The cost is small, like 30-40 bucks for a belt, so in my opinion the ends justify the means.

Mark
the pump does not turn the clutch is disengaged so it only turns the pully which is as much drag as the pully it takes to delete it

mannysc said:
the pump does not turn the clutch is disengaged so it only turns the pully which is as much drag as the pully it takes to delete it

I agree with your thoughts Manny.But the difference between the Wt.
of a steel pulley Vs a aluminum pulley is worth a little bit.

For the best HP gain.And the cheapest,and to make to motor more excesible
(sp)to work on.IS A SHORTER BELT with the pulley deleted.

RANDY

Randy N Connie said:

RANDY
I can see your methode working better than a idler pully .as for w :D :eek: :D :D :eek: :D :eek: :) eight reduction Ill take a mean dump before the race and eat light foods that give me gas "makes me lighter" as gas floats.
and eat habaneros so I can kick in the habanaro afterburner half way down the track" simple pipe hooked from under drivers seat to back of car with a sparkplug at end to ignite the gases

Attachments

• a9ba15745dc40b8da39a59d91d1ecd591ac9d8c47de74bd7b3dcf9e490d5b5428e10ecac4c874331ef7f85666db03c5d.jpg
    a9ba15745dc40b8da39a59d91d1ecd591ac9d8c47de74bd7b3dcf9e490d5b5428e10ecac4c874331ef7f85666db03c5d.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 104
Randy N Connie said:

RANDY

Randy, got any idea what size belt is need to delete the ac pulley? I've already taken the condenser out and just have the rest of the ac stuff still on the car. I'd really like to take the compressor off too. Thanks!

David, I have under drive pulleys and some pulleys that I have machined on.
So my belt size would not be the same as yours or others.

A lot of people have done this.So maybe someone will chime in
that has the same pulley sizes as you.Sorry that I cannot help
you out better.

I have forgot the size of belt I used when I first deleted my A/C.

RANDY

Back