Clutch Engagement Point?

brianp-cali

I have read through all 28 threads that come up when I search for "clutch adjust" and no clear alswer to my question.
Here's my problem. (95 SC, 82K, 5spd, new LUK clutch, performs exactly the same as stock) When the car had is's original clutch, as well as with the new one, it "catches" right near the top of pedal travel. I know that there is no simple 'turn a screw' solution for this, but has anyone out there fixed this with a shim or spacer? Does anyone make a thicker flywheel, or a spacer for the flywheel? Any simpler solutions? I want my clutch to catch an inch or two off the floorboard, and I can't stand a clutch that engages when my knee is in my chest. (I think the problem is compounded by the fact that the clutch is +or- 3 inches higher than the brake and gas pedals when fully extended.) Any help would be much appreciated.

If you were to shim the slave cylinder you would bring the engagement point higher on the pedal. (Shimming it moves it closer to the pressure plate thus less travel to depress it fully.)

I'm not sure what you could do to change it, short of a change in the pressure plate, or a shorter slave cylinder.

Back