Help with larger SC top

Phantom Menace

Recently I purchased one of the larger SC tops. When I installed it, I had a problem with the IC flange hitting the alternator pulley. I have underdrive pullies , and was wondering if anybody else has the same problem? No matter how I adjust the top and associated tube, the IC flange hits the Alternator pulley. Also, it's all I can do to pull the IC far enough back. It really stretches the rubberboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

sc top

Did you remove the bolt holding the ic tube to the motor?And what I did was ground of the bracket that is part of the ic tube to give more room.And when I redid my motor I did the same to the lower one and everything lines up good.Hope this helps.

I've sat here and thought about the description you gave of your problem but can't figure out how in the world a top could be modified to the point that it'd cause what you mentioned.
If the proper geometry was kept during modification then it should bolt right up to the upper ic tube and the tube location would not change whatsover. The only thing that should occur is a slight roll of the tube on its own axis, the gaskets surfaces would still be square.
Just can't comprehend the intercooler itself "moving". Got a pic of the top?

'bird

fin423F.jpg

Back