How do you pull the engine?

Thomas A

Hey guys, how's it going. I am getting ready to pull the engine on my '90 SC. I was wondering where to hook the hoist to on it. Thanks.

Thomas

engine

I would say pull the SC and get four long bolt to go into the four corners of the intake manifold and mount the puller at those four points.If Iam wrong shoot me.Later

I believe the '90's came with a lifting eye mounted to a couple of exhaust manifold bolts near the front on the passenger side. Mine was still there when I did my HG's back in the Spring. When we swapped Bill McNeil's motor later this Spring, we looped the chains from the engine equalizer through the exhaust manifolds themselves in a staggered configuration.

Just take your time and use common sense. Don't bolt to something that will break loose, and don't sling things in a way where the motor could shift unexpectedly. Regardless of how/where you chain the motor, don't ever place a part of your body between the motor and the car while you're lifting it out. Even shop cranes can fail unexpectedly!

Regards,

Sean

Back