open exhaust setups

TwoToneThunder

whats the best way to go about getting performance exhaust done what do some other people have and how much did it cost to have it done

Open exhaust??

If by "open exhaust" in your subject line, you mean something like cut-outs...check with your state law enforcement agency if you plan on running it on the road. I was going to install cut-outs with electronic servo openings (real kick a** lookin') but I checked with the MN State Troopers to clarify some wording on the exhaust setup statute here and they said they were illegal and will fine me if caught. Just my .02

titanium89scguy said:
whats the best way to go about getting performance exhaust done what do some other people have and how much did it cost to have it done

I bought the SCP 2.5" to 3" to 2.5" exhaust system w/hi flow cats and kooks mid length headers. Works fine and sounds okay but the fit of the SCP exhaust system was crappy and required a bunch of rework and welding. It might be better now, I bought mine way back when Bill Hull was running the club.

You can probably get about the same performance from porting your stock manifolds and either buy the SCP system and pay an exhaust shop to install it, or just have them copy the basic design.

David

Back