Strange Problems

paul90

I have a 35th Anniversary and have some strange Problems. I will be going down the highway just fine and for no reason the car begins to miss and buck. It continues this until you hammer on the gas and it kind of sputters and comes out of it. Before it does this the tach drops down to 0. I tried replacing the crankshaft sensor but still have the problem. Now when the car is idleing and I turn on the A/C or defroster and rev up the engine I loose the dash lights radio lights etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Is this an electrical problem? Voltage reg? Alternator? HELP!

Thanks,
Paul90

The first thing i would do is wiggle the ignition switch, while running and see if anything changes. These cars are notorius for faulty ignitions

Your missing and bucking problem is the cam sensor. The tach dying when it starts doing that is a dead giveaway. Your other problem is not related to the bucking and you'll have to start tracing out wireing.

Thanks

MIKE 38sc said:
Your missing and bucking problem is the cam sensor. The tach dying when it starts doing that is a dead giveaway. Your other problem is not related to the bucking and you'll have to start tracing out wireing.
Mike38sc,
How hard is it to change the cam Sensor? Is it a major operation? Do you know how much the sensor costs? What will happen if Im driving and the sensor goes out completely will it wreck the engine? Thanks for your help!
Paul90

Back