do all tbird sc heads hav sc on them?

no164ford

I got a set of heads today. they are suppose to sc heads but I am not sure if they are, because they are not stamped sc like the outhers I have. But they do look like sc heads. how else can I tell if they are sc?

no164ford said:
I got a set of heads today. they are suppose to sc heads but I am not sure if they are, because they are not stamped sc like the outhers I have. But they do look like sc heads. how else can I tell if they are sc?
ttttttttttttttttt

They should have SC stamped near the valve cover bolt area. 96-97 NA heads are supposed to be the same as SC heads, but have smaller bolt holes on the intake side.

Here is a picture of 89-95 NA heads. Notice the cooling passages are bigger.

89_1.JPG

Here is an SC head: they have less cooling ports around the chamber.

b7_1_b.JPG

cougarsc said:
They should have SC stamped near the valve cover bolt area. 96-97 NA heads are supposed to be the same as SC heads, but have smaller bolt holes on the intake side.

Here is a picture of 89-95 NA heads. Notice the cooling passages are bigger.

89_1.JPG

Here is an SC head: they have less cooling ports around the chamber.

b7_1_b.JPG
mine look like the na heads. what are they off of. and are they as good as sc heads?

I think they do too, here's mine. There's an "SC" stamped in the front/top of the head...

Attachments

• Heads on 3.jpg
    Heads on 3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 97
The 89-95 NA heads are on Mustangs, T-birds, Cougars, Taurus , and a few more makes.

SC heads are the better design. The NA heads blow headgaskets at a higher rate than the SC.

cougarsc said:
The 89-95 NA heads are on Mustangs, T-birds, Cougars, Taurus , and a few more makes.

SC heads are the better design. The NA heads blow headgaskets at a higher rate than the SC.
what about the water jackets will they match up

XR7 Dave said:
They will match up but they are prone to blowing head gaskets. I would not recommend using them.

Uhem. Dave, I think you should rephrase to "They are MORE prone to blowing head gaskets."

The SC heads are prone to blowing HG's, but I agree that the NA versions are MORE prone to it. ;)

...Just being a smartass.

Sorry,

Sean

Thanks you guys you have been more than helpful. I called the guy I got them from. And he is takeing them back.

Back