Setting Fuel Pressure Regulator

pablon2

I just finished installing the 42lb injectors and adjustable fuel pressure regulator this afternoon - took me 4 hours! The instrucitons said to start the car and attach a guage to the Schraeder valve to set the pressure. Couple questions about this....

1) What pressure should the regulator be set at? (I'll have a 255lph pump installed too and a 76mm MAFS with purple tube.) Stock block.

2.) Due to other upgrades in the works, I have the SC, IC, IC tubes, and complete inake system off the car. Basically everything that sits on the intake manifold is removed. Is it okay to run the engine to check the fuel pressure with all this stuff removed?

3.) If I wait until the car is back together will it be an impossible PITA to adjust the fuel pressure then? I would preer to do it this way b/c I don't wanna run the car in it's current state. Not even sure if it will run as nearly all vacuum lines have been disconnected.

Thanks,

Last edited:
if everything is removed from the car you wont be able to start it. Think about it...there is nothing to read the volume of air(MAF) or restrict it(TB). Not to mention all the sensors such as TPS, IAC, ACT, ect.

You're fuel pressure should be set to about 40psi static pressure. This means it should read 40psi with the car running and the vacumm line off the regulator and open to free air. You should be able to get back there to adjust it. If you have a kirban regulator then you should be able to use an 1/8" allen. To get an idea, you can power the car up but dont start it. The gauge should read close to 40 just to give you an idea.

I would wait and start the car to get it perfect. Just remember to adjust it with the line off but dont forget to put it back on before you drive the car.

Back