Differential/Gear Questions

rad_al_

I've been doing some research on the site about changing rear gears... looks like I'm going to go with 3:27's. Will a differential (case & all) from an Auto SC fit into my '94 5-speed SC? Are they all the same except for the gear ratio? Also, it says I would need a 19.5T Speedo gear... uh should I go with a 19T or a 20T? I'm running the tire size of 255/50/17 (Tire manufacturer says 27.1 for tire height). If this all works, I'll be looking for someone with a rear end from an auto sc.

Any MN12 rear end will bolt in place of your stock rear. So, to answer the question, yes a centersection from an auto SC will bolt right in.

-Rod

89-93's autos have the t-lock with 3.27's. Most 94-95's auto have 3.31's open, so buy an old one and rebuild the t-lock

rad_al_ said:
I've been doing some research on the site about changing rear gears... looks like I'm going to go with 3:27's. Will a differential (case & all) from an Auto SC fit into my '94 5-speed SC? Are they all the same except for the gear ratio? Also, it says I would need a 19.5T Speedo gear... uh should I go with a 19T or a 20T? I'm running the tire size of 255/50/17 (Tire manufacturer says 27.1 for tire height). If this all works, I'll be looking for someone with a rear end from an auto sc.
Yes the diff will work I did the same thing in my car. I even have the same tire size. And I think I put the 20 tooth gear in (It's been a while) and my speedo seems to be correct!

Thanks guys for all the help. I guess I'll go over to the "parts needed" & post a thread to see if I can find a rear end at a good price.

Back