TPS check

Jake

I pulled my codes because my check engine light is on and it gave me a code 15 and 63. The chip explaines the code 15 and I'm working on code 63 which the manual says TPS circuit fault, below minimum voltage. I tapped into the green wire located on the tps and set the volt meter DCV setting 2 and turned the key on and it's reading .240. I was told that I would have to drill holes, I need to know where and how big please be specific. Also which way to turn the sensor.
Thanks.

The drilling holes maybe a last resort for you. The stock sensor has some play in it. Try to set the voltage before going and drilling holes. Once that materail is gone, it can not be put back on. (I wish there was a "put on drill" in my tool box ;) )

If you haven't recently changed throttle bodies or the TPS itself, then it's probably just shot. The directions for adjusting the TPS were designed basically for those upgrading their TB and the need to fine tune the TPS after reinstalling it. You simply elongate the hole where the screws go in (there's a metal insert in the TPS screw hole), so you can use a small drill or jewelers file. That allows you to rotate the TPS in order to set it around 0.98v I believe it is. Go to the TCCOA web site and there is a very good article their to help you.

thanks I've got it set to .95v now, had to drill it out a little to get it right.

Back