Stalls after a while driving...

mlbuxbaum

Took the sc out for a test drive this morning.....wow is about all I can say. Night and day difference between a base T-Bird and an SC. Gotta get used to the SC Whine though.Kinda annoying without a radio to drown it out. Anyway.... after I get back from a 5-6 mile test run, I ran it around the parking lot to check the how the tranny is shifting into reverse (was slowly engaging prior to the test run) Now it goes into reverse okay,but stalls most of the time, even sometimes stalls when I take it out of reverse and into drive. Could my IC tubes be leaking after they get warm? Any ideas on what to check? Question 2....my antilock light and brake light comes on the first time I touch the brake, then go out and don't come back on again till I start the car back up and do it again. Any ideas on that one? I really wann drive this beast home, but I would like to get the kinks worked out first. I have a 25 mile drive home and don't want to get stranded on the Beltway halfway home. Not to mention I have the tags off my base model bird on the SC.

may have found culprit

Found that the "Air Bypass Actuator" vacuum line was unhooked. The hose is pulled real tight, I will have to re-run it with some slack in it. I don't know if that was it, but I'll find out. I checked the motor mounts and the motor doesn't move at all when I rev it in park. Do I need to rev it in Drive to check that?

Back